UTAU installation problem: utaustup.msi ?

lucky

Teto's Territory
hello! i'm very new to utauloid, as well as this forum.
i did see that there's a couple of other people who had an issue installing because of "utaustup.msi" but i couldn't find any solutions. maybe i've been phrasing my question wrong? but anywho:

i've been trying to install utau, but this error is preventing the installation:

EIAsvar.png

and if i'm reading it right, it says it can't read/find the file utaustup.msi. what exactly is that, and how can i fix this so i can install the program?
thank you in advance!

Reactions: partial
P

partial

Do you have admin access on your computer?

I suggest installing UTAU somewhere outside of the program files directory. Try a place that doesn't require admin access, like Documents.

Reactions: lucky

lucky

Teto's Territory
Do you have admin access on your computer?

I suggest installing UTAU somewhere outside of the program files directory. Try a place that doesn't require admin access, like Documents.

looks like the admin access was the issue
i was about to say i do have admin access, but now i'm thinking i might've done something wrong there? recently, i went into the control panel and changed my account type to administrator, but nothing really changed for me after that. still kept getting popups asking for admin pass to open/install programs lol

anywho, i switched over to the real admin user acc, tried to download it from there, and it worked! thank you so so much! :smile:now my utau adventure begins, haha

Reactions: partial
P

partial

looks like the admin access was the issue
i was about to say i do have admin access, but now i'm thinking i might've done something wrong there? recently, i went into the control panel and changed my account type to administrator, but nothing really changed for me after that. still kept getting popups asking for admin pass to open/install programs lol

anywho, i switched over to the real admin user acc, tried to download it from there, and it worked! thank you so so much! :smile:now my utau adventure begins, haha
I am the admin account on my computer but I still get prompted for admin access when I install anything to my Program Files or Program File x86 folders. I'm glad things are working for you now!! Good luck!