UTAU-Journalling: Mixing male and female voices, mixing VCV with CV properly

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by LupinAKAFlashTH, Feb 6, 2012.

1. LupinAKAFlashTH

LupinAKAFlashTH DEX's Voice Provider. Woah. Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Through out this first post I will be placing in spoilers various posts that showcase me mixing CV with VCV, and on a slightly different but equal note, male with female voices.  Many people say CV and VCV don't mix well together cause they don't quite match up in wave-form and therefore the CV sounds out of place, however I don't agree.  Male with female voices, especially with harmonies, just don't seem to work well, but I want to find an alternative solution to making them sound nice without making a male timbre sing an octave higher than intended.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/nostraightanswer/mixing-test-blending-vcv-with[/soundcloud]Song:  Radio Wave Addiction
    UST: Shinyserebii on YT
    UST Editing/UTAU Operation:  nostraightanswer (Kenji-:shades:  (I EDITED THIS UST SO MUCH THE MELODY IS EVEN SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL!)
    This is a test I made to attempt to mix both VCV and CVs together without the CV sounding out of place.  I have Rou Kemonone (ACT 2, VCV enabled) on the main volume automation, and my own UTAU, Kenji Baionoto (in ACT 2 CV Open Beta) on the same automation, however with a formula of "input*.92".  This makes Kenji's volume level 92% as loud as whatever volume level Rou's is.  This does NOT effect the wave file as a whole, just how loud Kenji will be compared to Rou.  (If Rou's volume is 100% of the original wavefile + effects, then Kenji's volume will be 92% of the original wavefile + effects.  Effects include a compressor, a reverb, a flangus, equalizer, stereo-inverter, and high-pass filter, with a limiter applied AFTER all other effects.) I will upload a video showcasing the mixer in FL Studio to show you what I have done.

3. Yue Nagareboshi

Yue Nagareboshi Senior Tutor Senior Tutor Tutor Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hmmmm I would stand a lot more this when you post a visual reference about the so called process.

This will be surely interesting = w=b!!