UTAU .mp3 ID3 Info

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Beyond just watching cool videos online I regularly download UTAU/Vocaloid music to my desktop. Be it via DDL links or trusty old NicoSound I have amassed a modest collection of UTAU-related music.

Before transferring anything to my MP3 player which is sensitive to ID3 data I have to make sure everything is tagged properly if I want any mediocrium of order on my portable device. Therein rises a question...

How should I tag all this?

Should I add 'feat.' or brackets to the track titled? Who should I list as the "artist" the vocal synth singing, the original singer, the producer, the remixer? Should I bother with album art, how should I album them, etc. etc.

How do you organize/tag your UTAU/Vocaloid music?

Throw it all in one folder and leave it be, organize it by some common theme, or anything odd like that. Since this is likely going to be a huge hassle I would like to do this right the first time and could use your input and a bit of info on how you organize your music... If you download them at all.

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I usually throw a "feat." and the UTAU's and/or Vocaloid's name(s) in the artist tag. I don't like having it in the title, IDK, it bugs me for some reason to have really long titles but not as much to have really long artist tags.

I also tend to organize in iTunes through genres. Even though I realize Vocaloid and UTAU music aren't genres in and of themselves, it's just easier to sort that way. I also have "Nico Chorus" and "Utattemita" as genres xD

Misha

Momo's Minion
I usually have it all under an UTAU album tag, then tag the UTAU's name in the artist section.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I actually have all my MP3s...the artist is tagged as UTAU and then the album is either the UTAUs name if it's one UTAU singing, Duet if it's two, Group for three or more, Macne Nana has her own tag as well as Sasayaki. This is because the way my MP3 player is organized though XD

Angel

Momo's Minion
I tag the artist - the UTAU's names.
Album - I normally have names for my UTAU's and UTAU in general, or UTAU Choruses for choruses.
Genre - UTAU, J-Pop, or whatever the genre is.
Year- The Year.

I like my MP3 organized, so I put them them into folders. The name of the folder for Luka songs are 'Luka's Compositions'
Lololol.

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
Artist: Usually the UTAU. (I don't download others' work often.)
Album: Usually blank, except when marking a particular version as being used.