UTAU never forgets (FIXED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Alright...so I was recording my UTAU Yuki Kusata for the SUiT Project and well, the first time I recorded it didn't go as well as I thought it would (too breathy and sounded demonic).
I deleted those recordings and started over.
So I started to rerecord her and halfway through I decided to test her out to see if I messed up anything and...
I 'se' is like this demonic-y noise. And it sounded just like the previous deleted recording.
The curious thing is that the new 'se' I recorded doesn't even have a .frq
It's just the .wav in Yuki's voicebank.
So I uninstalled UTAU and reinstalled it again. Then I put Yuki back into UTAU and I still get super demonic 'se'.

What am I doing wrong? :cry:
Should I rerecord her? Change her name?
What should I do at this point?

&&
Another problem...
I deleted some of the useless samples in my other UTAU Soshiki Nami's voicebank (ie. byi etc.) and they still appear in the sample list on UTAU. How to change this? :c

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Re: UTAU never forgets (Help needed)

I'm not totally sure this is the problem, but one thing that I encountered while rerecording samples in my WIP bank, Mona, is that if your old sample has an .frq and then you rerecord, then it sounds super demonic because it's trying to use the frq of the old sample on the new sample. To fix it, try going to EditVoice Bank Settings in UTAU, clicking on the syllable that sounds demonic, and then hit 'Initialize .freq map'.

Again, not toally sure that'll work, but if it doesn't, then it won't hurt your bank either, so maybe it's worth a shot?

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko

I tried it and now 'se' doesn't so demonic, thank you so much!

IceeBlue

Momo's Minion

Always remember to re-initialize .frq map every time you rerecord something. Always.

If you have deleted the actual .wav files, its oto settings will still be there. Just right click -> delete its entry in Voicebank settings.

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Thanks a lot ^-^
Now my UTAU's voicebank is cleaned up c:
Thanks again you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.