UTAU not making any sound.

Fritz

Momo's Minion
I'm a beginner at using UTAU and I've been having trouble with certain utauloids not making any sound. I localized my computer to JP and I write in hiragana characters for the notes, yet they still won't make any noise. I have 2 utauloids that do work, Ritsu and Teto, but the default Uta doesn't work and I recently downloaded Momo Momone and she won't make any sound either. I redownloaded 2 different voice banks from her and still neither work.

I can't read Japanese as I'm sure most people can't here, but I did use a translator to translate the window that pops up when you select her and it says something about "install separate plug-in for continuous sound please", which I'm assuming means some sort of CVVC converter or something? I can't find any useable links for presamp and autocvvc doesn't work on windows 10 so I'm basically stuck. I don't know how CVVC works (or anything other than CV).

Basically what I'm asking is is what am I doing wrong. Do i need a converter plugin? If so can someone please give me one that works as I can't find any anywhere. Or am I just doing something else wrong?

Thanks

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When the default voicebank is selected, does the name appear as デフォルト or as garbage characters?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In that case, I can also assume that when you check the folder for "uta", you see filenames that are correctly labelled in hiragana. These files were generated during the installation process. You should be able to use this voicebank with hiragana lyrics that correspond exactly to the filenames. You should also make sure that the entire UTAU folder is somewhere outside of Program Files to avoid file access permission issues.

In the case of other voicebanks, whenever you see 連続音 or VCV, this indicates that you need vowel-consonant-vowel lyrics rather than simple consonant-vowel (CV) lyrics.
Here's an example in CV: [か][え][る][の][う][た][が]
To convert it to VCV, each note "borrows" the vowel from the previous note: [- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]

To automate this process and edit the notes more quickly, you can use the iroiro plugin, which includes many other useful functions along with CV to VCV: https://ux.getuploader.com/bizz_v/download/180

Reactions: FelineWasteland

Fritz

Momo's Minion
So the plug-in worked and helped me get Momo Momone's voices to work.

But I checked Uta's voice folder and it's a bunch of jumbled characters. I don't understand why this is since everything else is in Japanese. How do I fix it? As I said I already localized my computer and everything else is in perfect japanese, all except for Uta's voice files.

Fritz

Momo's Minion
On second thought, I think I am fine without Uta lol. I dont feel like redownloading all my plugins. Thanks though

SUNNY1212

Momo's Minion
I did what you said I put the UTAU folder in another folder name UTAU but the different is that folder is only for UTAU characters image and design, Screenshot 2024-02-17 183514.png but when I try and enter UTAU this came:Screenshot 2024-02-17 183456.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This info screen is only a minor warning and you can safely ignore it if you're not developing your own voicebanks.