UTAU not playing all syllables

pifi

Momo's Minion
So, I'm using Ruko's male whisper vcv voicebank and the program doesn't seem to be able to read all the syllables properly. For example, when I try to play -owo or -ino syllables, no sound comes out. This seems to affect only syllables constructed around the kana from the o collumn (e.g wo, no, to) so I thought there might be something wrong with the voicebank or how the original zip file was extracted.

I heard that when voicebanks with zip format are extracted, they often have some complications. Is this one of those complications? And even if it isn't, what should I do to fix the voicebank?

Avalia-Kasa

probably a potato tbh
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Uhh, I haven't heard that with .zip format actually. Are you not using default resampler because some need to have the samples pre-rendered for it to work (ex: tn_fnds and such need frqs rendered beforehand or it'll be silent, some banks don't come with frqs)

Otherwise... redownload? I haven't used Ruko so I can't say for sure :x

pifi

Momo's Minion
I'm using freesampler if that helps and I already tried to download the voicebank again and the problem persisted. I'll go and try to download the file again and see if that'll do the magic.

Avalia-Kasa

probably a potato tbh
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hm... last option is try a different resampler. I don't know why fresampler wouldn't at least play something though, it normally would :/

pifi

Momo's Minion
Downloded the file again and the same issue still persists. I'll try some other resampler and see if that will finally do the trick.

pifi

Momo's Minion
I mean, hopefully? :D

The rest of the song turns out just fine, it's just that certain syllables (like the aformetioned -owo syllable) just won't play for whatever reason. I also tried it with other resamplers with no luck. This only seems to be a problem with Ruko's voicebank so I guess there's that. This is truely a mystery...

Avalia-Kasa

probably a potato tbh
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
oh, is it like (o を)? some voicebanks don't have that and instead want you to use (o お) or (o うぉ)! maybe that's the issue?...

Reactions: CYVIL

pifi

Momo's Minion
Oh, is that it? I have been trying to solve the situation by replacing o を with o お for a while now, since the difference between those two is pretty non existent. However, I ran into a bigger problem when i の decided to stop working. Though there is a possibility that, in the latter case, the problem might lie in the envelope or something...

I'll try to look more into it. For now, thanks a lot for helping :smile:

CYVIL

Teto's Territory
Oh, is that it? I have been trying to solve the situation by replacing o を with o お for a while now, since the difference between those two is pretty non existent. However, I ran into a bigger problem when i の decided to stop working. Though there is a possibility that, in the latter case, the problem might lie in the envelope or something...

I'll try to look more into it. For now, thanks a lot for helping :smile:
check oto too