Utau or DeepVocal

Ritsu_is_a_boy

Momo's Minion
I've been in this synth community for a long time, tried a lot of synths like 'titinko utsu' 'sharpkey' 'NIAONIAO' But whenever they talk about the best programs, they always say utau or deepvocal, I've always wondered what's more realistic or more like vocaloid
I would like to know what other people think (sorry for my bad English)

Last edited:
Reactions: FlowerPalette

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
este es un foro en ingles

this is an english forum
Post automatically merged:

utau voicebanks could be realistic, Deepvocals are more realistic...

It just depends on the microphone and oto for the quality of the DeepVocal.

If you are choosing between DeepVocal and Utau I think Deepvocal.

It's because the sampler in DeepVocal is better to me, other than utau.

Although utau has some nice quality voicebanks (Yamine Renri, Gahata Meiji), It's the resampler that makes some of the voicebanks sound bad.

I mean- you can change the resampler; like TIPS, moresampler, fresamp are really good ones to me, but sometimes other resamplers are better than others,

depending on the voice.

(I hope this layout isn't too weird, this is how I normally do it)

Last edited:

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
honestly, it's a just personal preference.
If you're going for something realistic sounding, I've head DeepVocal is better for that sort of thing.
BUT, if you really know what you're doing with UTAU, you can work wonders. I can post some examples of UTAUs sounding pretty realistic, if you want.
It just takes experience, I guess

Reactions: Lycoris

404idk

Teto's Territory
Both programs seem similar to me but i find it easier to tune in DeepVocal than in utau, for vocal quality both are about the same with DeepVocal having cleaner pronunciation but a not-so-clean transition between notes unlike utaus VCV method of voicebank. Overall I find DeepVocal better than utau but utau will always have a special place in my heart.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Both have their strengths and drawbacks. It's all up to personal preference.
Both can have high-quality results, it's just what you put in what you get out. you put in low-quality sounds and a poor config/oto, you'll get low-quality results

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think that if you’re already familiar with Vocaloid’s work flow that DV is better option from UI and user perspective.

However, from sounding vice, I prefer UTAU. UTAU is less restrictive how you can build and use custom VB than DV and for now, as I’m writing this in 2021, UTAU has lesser engine noice and handles better strong voices than DV.

I haven’t tested the newest build DV2 yet but my experience with DV’s earlier builds (that came before DV2) were that it’s more picky with voicetypes.

For example, the DV1 engine distorts sounds from around C5 and above that all sounded falsetto regardless if the highest pitch was recorded actually as falsetto or not. (Meaning that Power scale recorded VB doesn’t work in DV as well as in UTAU) This might or might not be fixed in DV2 tho I highly doubt because I haven’t heard significant improvement from other people’s usage of it.

Both have their strength and weaknesses but for now, I prefer UTAU over DV because how much more freedom UTAU offers compared to DV.