UTAU:PRISM/プリズム

vevdae

Momo's Minion
I'm looking for people to work with me for an UTAU project that I've been thinking about starting for a while now. I'm working on producing a professional quality singer for the UTAU engine.
I'm looking for beta testers, mainly, and people who are willing to help program the voice banks.

Before I go any further, I want to state that I want all of the proceeds of the singer to go to charity; or at least a high percentage of the project.
He will be voiced by me, and will be recorded with a Blue Yeti microphone.
The characteristics and properties of the design are still being worked out and planned, and he is soon to receive a design. The person that is designing the design is not definite at the moment, but most he will most likely be designed by the artist (artybritany). Anyone wanting to design is welcome to at this point, and if the vocal sample gets enough popularity, an art competition could be held.

His vocal type could be described as a versatile, younger male vocal. Capable of going into higher falsetto notes, and hitting lower base notes.

He will most likely have append banks or different tones, and are in the process of being planned. They are, so far;
  • (natural)
  • (power)
  • (soft)
  • (whisper)
  • (warm)
  • (cold)
  • (light)
  • (dark)
  • (vivid)
  • (solid)
(etc.)
A beta release could be possible, and several vocal libraries are under planning. Keep in mind, all of the vocal library types have the capability to be recorded at the tones listed above.

The idea of this singer is to have an extremely versatile vocalist, that is perfect and specialized for a wide range of genres and vocal types. I'd love to work with the community to make this possible.

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
I could probably oto a bank or two, as long as they're CV. (Only a few though, since I procrastinate quite a bit, and only CV since that's the only kind I know how to oto so far.)

vevdae

Momo's Minion
I could probably oto a bank or two, as long as they're CV. (Only a few though, since I procrastinate quite a bit, and only CV since that's the only kind I know how to oto so far.)
Even so, that'd be great. All of the voice banks will have extra samples to make it easier for users.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
I know that Heta-tan, a user on here every so often, has an UTAU named PRISM as well. I hope that doesn't mess up anything!

Good luck with your project; charity and UTAU can go really well hand in hand. What languages are you looking into?

Reactions: Kiyoteru

vevdae

Momo's Minion
I know that Heta-tan, a user on here every so often, has an UTAU named PRISM as well. I hope that doesn't mess up anything!

Good luck with your project; charity and UTAU can go really well hand in hand. What languages are you looking into?
At the moment, the primary languages that I'm looking into are English and Japanese, to hit a wide audience. Others that are possible are; Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and French. (I'm good at Spanish pronunciation, but haven't tried any of the others.)

Reactions: Terindie

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Since you're doing this as a charity project, might I suggest looking at the Sonata charity project for reference? It's been going very well and could help you to organize yours.

Also, a note about appends. I saw that most of the names are from cryptonloid append names. Although they sound like good names, they're actually not very distinct as far as voice types go.

Warm - Rin's "acoustic" bank
Cold - Len's "acoustic" bank
Light - Miku's high/powerful bank
Dark - Miku's low/soft bank
Vivid - Miku's midrange/powerful bank
Solid - Miku's low/powerful bank

Since rin/len are only distinguished by accent, and miku's appends are distinguished by pitch, I think it would be better to simply have a scale of soft to power (maybe whisper, power, normal, power, scream?) and multipitch.

I'm excited that there's going to be an english voicebank! I don't know how useful this will be to other people, but I'd be happy if people made Esperanto voicebanks too.

vevdae

Momo's Minion
Since you're doing this as a charity project, might I suggest looking at the Sonata charity project for reference? It's been going very well and could help you to organize yours.

Also, a note about appends. I saw that most of the names are from cryptonloid append names. Although they sound like good names, they're actually not very distinct as far as voice types go.

Since rin/len are only distinguished by accent, and miku's appends are distinguished by pitch, I think it would be better to simply have a scale of soft to power (maybe whisper, power, normal, power, scream?) and multipitch.

I'm excited that there's going to be an english voicebank! I don't know how useful this will be to other people, but I'd be happy if people made Esperanto voicebanks too.
Yes, the names are influenced by most of the Cryptonloid's, but at the moment, they're just brainstorming ideas. As for the English, I'm very excited as well! One of my friends, The_Fish_God, is working on a method of English called CVXC, and I like it a lot. He might get VCCV and CVXC.

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I thought this was about my UTAU since they have the same name... Which can be a little bit of a problem since it might cause confusion with people as terindie said. One might be searching for yours and get mine. ect ect
Maybe you should think of a different name just in case?

Other than that, good luck!

vevdae

Momo's Minion
I thought this was about my UTAU since they have the same name... Which can be a little bit of a problem since it might cause confusion with people as terindie said. One might be searching for yours and get mine. ect ect
Maybe you should think of a different name just in case?

Other than that, good luck!
Oh! I'm so sorry if I caused any confusion, if it helps, he'll be called by his Japanese name and his English name.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Looking at this, the name confusion is complete coincidental.
Since neither of your projects are fully established yet (ie still trying to get off the ground) I think it should be free game :wink:

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I just don't want there to be any confusion either, especially if it could be avoided.
I'm not saying the name HAS to be changed, but it might be a good idea to consider changing the name to help stand out.

vevdae

Momo's Minion
I just don't want there to be any confusion either, especially if it could be avoided.
I'm not saying the name HAS to be changed, but it might be a good idea to consider changing the name to help stand out.
Looking at this, the name confusion is complete coincidental.
Since neither of your projects are fully established yet (ie still trying to get off the ground) I think it should be free game :wink:
One of my friends was talking about having a female counterpart to PRISM named PLASMA.
[doublepost=1451322277][/doublepost]

The primary tones that will focused on are natural, power, and soft. Others might be added for more expression.