UTAU Rendering Problems

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have tried everything, but I honestly can't explain many of the things going on with UTAU on my computer right now. I'm not sure if its the program or my UTAUloid's (WIP) bank.

1.Tips makes my UTAU sound like a deep singing man, and freesamp makes it sound a chipmunk. It's not little differences though, its exsessive to the point where I don't recognize her, and the timing is also off when i render my UTAUloid with them. I think this one is a problem with the UTAUloid, but I've tried removing the .oto and frequency files to see if those were the problem... I tried all the resamplers (including resamp) with Teto and Nami and they all seem fine with them. The problem continued with my UTAUloid on one of my friend's computer though...

2. UTAU seems to be dropping some notes. The notes that get dropped occasionally have a red flag, but I can't get rid of it. I have tried to change the note inside to something else, but UTAU still skips over it as if it wasn't even there. I ran Teto and Aiko through the same song with ghost notes, and they had the same problem. I'll have to check again, but I think I've only seen this problem on Hirigana .usts

3. Notes that do not have a matching note to the bank replay the note before them. This is annoying as a lot of .usts use a q or some other letter so the note before it will pitchbend, but the note itself will be treated as a rest. I tried this out with Aiko and Teto, and the same problem occurs.

I've had more problems in the past. The built in resampler that you activate by checking a box stopped working (and i had to manually find it all the time), and it didn't create cache files. But that mysteriously fixed itself while I was writing this. :blink:

I would really appreciate any advice on possible solutions, but I really don't know what to do.

More info you should know:
-I run UTAU on an computer set in English Locale
-I run the program with the attachment that translated most of the content into English
-I use Windows 7 on a PC
-The specific UTAU I made that has been acting funnny has Romaji files with Hiragana aliases. My friend gave me a hiragana alias attachment for the bank. The bank does have the consonant isolation portion of .oto files done. All the files were made on this same computer or part of that alias import.

I'm sorry if this ended up really long, and THANKS GUYS
~Rollie

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Here are two threads you should check out:

http://utaforum.net/index.php?topic=550.0
http://utaforum.net/index.php?topic=393.0

As you can see from the descriptions of Fresamp and TIPS in the directory, they're supposed to sound like that. Fresamp's nasalness can be toned down with F1, or if you really want to remove it all F0. TIPS is better for soft male voices, and it does bolster the low notes well.

The second thread explains how to fix the exclamation point problem.

In regards to the "playing hte note before them", that kind of confuses me. Maybe try hitting "Clear Cache" before rendering? It's a button in the UST settings box (Like with the voice, the resampler, the flags, etc).

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
shinami link said:
Here are two threads you should check out:

http://utaforum.net/index.php?topic=550.0
http://utaforum.net/index.php?topic=393.0

As you can see from the descriptions of Fresamp and TIPS in the directory, they're supposed to sound like that. Fresamp's nasalness can be toned down with F1, or if you really want to remove it all F0. TIPS is better for soft male voices, and it does bolster the low notes well.

The second thread explains how to fix the exclamation point problem.

In regards to the \"playing hte note before them\", that kind of confuses me. Maybe try hitting \"Clear Cache\" before rendering? It's a button in the UST settings box (Like with the voice, the resampler, the flags, etc).

Okay, so I tried the methods for getting rid of the exclamation marks (the ones signaling ghost notes)..and it kinda made more of them. o.o there is something seriously with UTAU...should i reinstall it??

UTAU PROBLEMS (Help!?)
^this is example of the things going wrong for me in UTAU right now
The TIPS and Fresamp are not supposed to sound like this right?? I understand that you thought I was complaining about the slight difference in tones and a lot of people have said those complaints you refer to...but this is definitely different than what my friends UTAUloids sound like using fresamp and TIPS.

Thanks for your patience btw, I really appreciate your help ouo

I also have a new problem OnO resampler isn't making .cache files anymore

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
Hm... about fresamp and TIPS deforming the voice that way, in what frequency did you create your samples? They are suppose to be in 44100 Hz, otherwise, some resamplers will deform the voice.
Part of the other problem was probably an oto.ini thing, mainly the notes sounding "late". The exclamation thing can only be fixed by editing the envelopes of that specific notes, as Shinami said.
The doubled note problem, I already saw it before, but I don't remember how the person fixed it... all I know it was exactly the same problem.

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
tady159 link said:
Hm... about fresamp and TIPS deforming the voice that way, in what frequency did you create your samples? They are suppose to be in 44100 Hz, otherwise, some resamplers will deform the voice.
Part of the other problem was probably an oto.ini thing, mainly the notes sounding \"late\". The exclamation thing can only be fixed by editing the envelopes of that specific notes, as Shinami said.
The doubled note problem, I already saw it before, but I don't remember how the person fixed it... all I know it was exactly the same problem.
OH....

My samples somehow ended up in 96000 Hz o.o (I don't exactly know what that means, but I know its more than it should be).
I just changed the quality to a lower setting and the TIPS works :D. Fresamp is still being mean, but I can live without it.

Thanks so much for this advice!