Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
news_utau-decade-panel-600x300.png

Who:
Engloids.info & UtaForum.net
Where: Anime Los Angeles, LP1 Room 200AB on 2nd Floor of Ontario Convention Center
What: UTAU Retrospective: A Decade pf Singing Robots
When: Friday 1/10 @ 6:00pm-7:00pm
Why: Relive a decade of UTAU music videos. We will be giving away ribbons to attendees.

[Facebook Event] [Convention Homepage]

Event Description
Do you like singing robots? We will be celebrating 10 years of UTAU singing synthesizer in our #UTAUofthedecade retrospective at Anime Los Angeles 16 on January, 10, 2020 6PM-7PM Live Programming Room 1 [ LP1 – Room 200AB ] on the 2nd floor of the Ontario Convention Center.

UTAU is a Japanese singing synthesizer application created by Ameya/Ayame. This program is similar to the VOCALOID software, with the difference being it is shareware and anyone can create their own UTAUloid.

Our panelists will pitch songs from each year since UTAU’s release, tell you interesting factoids, viewership statistics, and emphatic pleas about why you should choose their song. Based on these pitches we will call for an audience vote and based on your feedback we will experience that music video together. Rinse and repeat every year until 2019.

Participating will be a number of Engloids.Info editors & UtaForum staff. To all those attending see you at Anime Los Angeles!

Can't attend? Do you still want to contribute?
Add your favorite UTAU songs of the decade to our Research Spreadsheet and maybe one of our panelists will choose to pitch your song to our audience! Views should probably not be the only metric. Cultural reasons, technical skill, language execution, global recognition, community influence, or just the fact something is a really good song, are all valid metrics for inclusion.

In the end, the audience will decide what songs get played in the panel.

This will be our 4th panel at ALA. Our previous panels included We Made UTAU (And So Can You), Hatsune Miku Retrospective: 10 Years A Virtual Diva, and Vocaloid Discovery Interactive

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
news_utau-restrospective-retrospective-600x292.jpeg

This is our fourth panel at Anime Los Angeles but this may have been our most successful yet. Success being a subjective metric because 2018’s Hatsune Miku Retrospective had a larger crowd +120 participants versus the +40 of this year. With UTAU being a smaller niche (how can they compare to the #1 princess in the whole wide world?) the smaller crowd was expected but I think what stood out to me was the enthusiasm of the said crowd.

The crowd groaned waved glowsticks as songs played, mouthed along to the songs they recognized, groaned when popular tracks were edited for time, and cheered in the medley section when a song or UTAU they recognized showed up on the screen. I consider the 2020 panel a success because it had the most enthused crowd of any panel we have hosted. Audience participation was +80% for most slides, by far the best interactivity we have had yet.

There were some hiccups, the audio skipping for a moment, video player being on the wrong monitor, but overall I am very happy with how the overall presentation went. I'llSeeU-P, Agatechlo, and I had great chemistry, the extra prep I did in pre-edited all the video clips helped us make excellent time and end exactly on schedule. The lessons learned from the Miku panel really helped us make the most of the time we had available.

Shoutouts to all of you who told me your favorite UTAU song of the decade up to claim your UTAU School and Wish I Was Hatsune Miku ribbons I have away. As promised all the panel materials are linked & embedded below. Included is a Google Slides version of our PowerPoint presentation and the archived version of our research spreadsheet, including our presentation notes.

Reactions: Kiyoteru