UTAU revamp

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The last voicebank I released for my UTAU was back in 2011. I'm looking to completely revamp my UTAU, but first I was wondering what I should include in my next UTAU release. What do users here like to see in new UTAU releases?
My ideas:
CV bank (extra pitches?)
VCV (extra pitches?)
Include artwork?

If I did several different formats (VCV, CVVC, CV) would people like it all in one package, or separate?

(I was thinking this thread could be a suggestion and progress thread)

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you record a VCV bank, you can oto it in such a way to also be compatible with CV and CVVC. I'm a proponent of the idea that CVVC is the most efficient option nowadays.

Definitely include extra stuff in the voicebank, like breaths and spoken samples and artwork and logos.

Multipitch is important for capturing the changes in tone throughout your vocal range, or ensuring the voicebank's versatility. (One of my monopitch voicebanks is actually a super-limited soprano who sounds awful if you even go a little bit too low.) However, if you're deciding between more pitches and more expressions, you should go with more expressions. At least a strong and a soft, but try doing something genre-specific. If you're crazy you could model it off Miku V2 or Megpoid V4's appends/extends.