UTAU stuck on 'preparing to install'??

Chii-Bii

Teto's Territory
So, I've recently started using an old-ish laptop that runs Windows, but I seem to be having trouble with the installer getting stuck on the 'preparing to install' window. I've set my locale to Japanese so I'm not entirely sure what else I'm supposed to do. I've heard something about changing the file directory outside of the 'program files' folder but I can't seem to figure out how to do that either. My account isn't admin btw, I dunno if that has any effect on installing the program but I thought I should mention it just in case.

Cyberbison

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty sure this might have to do with admin rights :cynical: Changing UTAU folder out of program files, I think, happens post-installation (because UTAU needs to write temporary files, write OTO files and such, which program files doesnt usually allow, causing errors!)

Chii-Bii

Teto's Territory
I'm pretty sure this might have to do with admin rights :cynical: Changing UTAU folder out of program files, I think, happens post-installation (because UTAU needs to write temporary files, write OTO files and such, which program files doesnt usually allow, causing errors!)
Ah I see, so how can I avoid it getting stuck on that installation window? Would I need to change any admin rights or run the installer as an admin?

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Cyberbison

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think the program isn't allowed to make changes (=install) so it gets stuck. If you have the opportunity, try running it as an admin?

Chii-Bii

Teto's Territory
I think the program isn't allowed to make changes (=install) so it gets stuck. If you have the opportunity, try running it as an admin?
Hmm, running as admin doesn't seem to be working. I've even tried installing it onto the admin account and didn't seem to have much luck there either...