dead_byte

Momo's Minion
First I'd like to preface this by making clear that I am not a new UTAU user. Although this is my first post on this site, I've actually been using the software for years, and I am rather experienced with it. I bring that up because from what I can tell, this doesn't seem to be a very regular issue. I can't find other instances of this anywhere online. There doesn't seem to be a conflict with locale that I can see, my settings are the same as they've always been and don't seem to be causing it, I honestly have no idea what's going on, but it doesn't seem to be one of the common issues that a lot of new users often experience.

On to the actual problem. Yesterday, UTAU was working completely fine, nothing unusual at all. Then I get out my computer today, and it looks like Windows seems to have updated while it was off. After which point, UTAU will not allow me to perform a number of basic functions. Most notably, I can't create notes. Whenever I try to, the note shows up with no lyric ( even when a lyric is entered in the "lyric" bar prior to putting down a note ), and no envelope, afterwards, a prompt pops up that says "Invalid Property Value".

( Before )

1pIhUPt.png

( After )

KhrGstu.png

After I try creating the first note, if I try to do anything else, the prompt just pops up and nothing else happens, preventing me from doing anything. From what I can tell, this problem is present with all voicebanks, resamplers, and wavtools.

Then when I try opening an already made ust, it won't let me edit anything. Also, when I hover over the notes, they turn from their regular blue and pink to black, or sometimes a very gross-looking green. Basically I can't even so much as select a note, much less change already made lyrics either, as when I do, the lyric and envelope from the note disappears, as do the all of the notes which follow it, and I get that prompt again.

( Before; Upon initiall loading a .ust )

2AHJFgH.png

( After; Attemptimg to edit "fO" )

0vyqiDc.png

( After; Selecting notes )

Rf6AkXm.png

I have found that UTAU will still work properly if I edit notes in that one mode where all of the notes are colored blocks that I don't actually know what it's called ( the one where you click the tilde in the bottom left corner of the editor ), the notes will even play and all ( although, they're still colored oddly when I select them ), but of course, to use UTAU well, I need to be able to see the Preutterance and Overlap on the notes, so this is less than ideal to say the least. The editor just straight-up crashes when I attempt to select the mode next to the tilde that shows note properties.

( This mode right here, IDK what it's called )

Exq7SjX.png

Interestingly enough, I can actually check a notes properties in the if I select a note and access properties from the "Edit" tab at the top of the editor, but nothing seems out of the ordinary with the note properties when I do.

My guess is that whatever happened was probably caused by the Windows update, but on the chance that it wasn't ( or that it was and somebody has a solution ), I figured I'd ask here. This is extremely bizarre and I have no idea what's going on. I've uninstalled and reinstalled UTAU several times in several different ways, restarted my computer several times, tried a bunch of different combinations of settings. Nothing.

I'll take any suggestions I haven't tried. Please help me. I'll post screencaps of my options too, just in case

MxmbTX6.png

4qmuwMp.png

fvEzVHf.png

fq7Amg4.png

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Seems like your config.ini file is wonky. I suggest deleting or moving the file.

Reactions: dead_byte