Utau-synth not generating an oto.ini

someguyperson

i am no longer exist
Defender of Defoko
So I'm trying to oto Fresa, but I can't for some reason. It's a VCCV and I'm trying to do my cc-s and my ccvs but for some reason I only have oto_ini.txts and not a proper oto? So because of this i can't open setparam to oto!
Another weird thing is that in each of my seperate recordng folders, I have otos for each folder, but In the main folder I have an oto that combines all of the folder's otos. For some reason though, recordings don't show up without me adding a prefix manually, and even then the recordings don't play.
Here's my setup.

P

partial

Yeah, I really wish I could help with this but I'm not a Mac user so I've got no idea. :/

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For voicebanks that have multiple subfolders, like VCCV, or like multipitch, the OTO is different between Mac and Windows.
On Windows, there is an individual "oto.ini" file in each subfolder.
On Mac, there is a single "oto_ini.txt" in the main folder that combines everything together.

If you intend to use setparam exclusively for OTOing, then you will be working strictly with oto.ini files. If UTAU-Synth has already created an "oto_ini.txt" file for the whole bank while you were testing it, you can delete the file and it will read the OTO from the oto.ini files instead.

If you want to use UTAU-Synth's built-in OTO editor, you'll have to treat each subfolder as if they were a separate voicebank, by adding ".utau" to the end of each folder name. That way, when it creates an oto_ini.txt file, there will be one per subfolder instead of one that combines all the subfolders together. Once you're done, you can convert the text file to a Windows-compatible oto.ini following this guide: http://utaforum.net/resources/how-to-make-mac-utau-voicebank-compatible-for-windows-users.314/

someguyperson

i am no longer exist
Defender of Defoko
So I opened the VB in Wine Utau after deleting the oto_ini.txt in the main folder but keeping the ones in the separate subfolders. For some reason though, only the CCV base oto is showing up? With everything aliased and everything but the _cvs and the cc-s are blank. I don't wanna delete the txt in the _cv folder either as I've oto'd that.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Here's a simpler way to convert an oto_ini.txt to an oto.ini

Open oto_ini.txt in TextEdit
Remove the first line about text encoding
File > Save As
Change Plain Text Encoding to Shift-JIS
Change file name to "oto.ini"
Save

Reactions: Nohkara

someguyperson

i am no longer exist
Defender of Defoko
Here's a simpler way to convert an oto_ini.txt to an oto.ini

Open oto_ini.txt in TextEdit
Remove the first line about text encoding
File > Save As
Change Plain Text Encoding to Shift-JIS
Change file name to "oto.ini"
Save
Thank youu!!! This made it work
[doublepost=1510533929,1510532477][/doublepost]Okay uhh this is embarrassing!!
So the voicebank actually plays everything now, but SETPARAM still doesn't work.
uzwfpiH.png

Reactions: Kiyoteru

someguyperson

i am no longer exist
Defender of Defoko
For some reason even after being able to oto the _cvs at the start not even THEY load anymore.

someguyperson

i am no longer exist
Defender of Defoko
Okay so an Update! Both the CCVs and the CVs I just recorded will work in Setparam! For some reason though, with the _CVs (not a big deal, done them!) and CC-s i get the error above.