UTAU-SYNTH playback off pitch / wrong speed while using airpods?

gh0stluv

Momo's Minion
i'm using UTAU-SYNTH on a mac and i'm trying to make a UST from scratch with namine ritsu's normal voicebank, but when i listen to what i have on UTAU with airpods it's a different pitch and speed than when i listen through my mac's speakers. with airpods, the pitch is higher and speed is faster. this is a problem because the whole time while making the UST so far, i was listening through my airpods... so now everything's just messed up ;_; it happens with other voicebanks too - ritsu kire and rook are two others i use, and i have the same problem.

i think the issue is with UTAU-SYNTH itself and how it deals with airpods and/or bluetooth devices, because my airpods play everything normally on every other program.

if anyone could help fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!! thank you :smile:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't use bluetooth audio because of the lag/audio cutoffs, so I don't think I can help with this either. I can only recommend that you use wired audio for any music production.

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Please let us know if switching to wired headphones solved to problem, so that someone who faces same issue in future can read if this helped or not.

I also have mever used wireless headphones in UTAU or in DAW mixing progress (or with computer in general), so IDK.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The only suggestion I have is to disable the earbud microphone (in your settings) and seeing if that behaves better.

Bluetooth audio in OSX has always been a problem. Generally it gets worse over time until you restart or mess with things in the terminal, which fixes it temporarily.

gh0stluv

Momo's Minion
Please let us know if switching to wired headphones solved to problem, so that someone who faces same issue in future can read if this helped or not.

I also have mever used wireless headphones in UTAU or in DAW mixing progress (or with computer in general), so IDK.
yes, switching back to wired headphones helped!

Reactions: Nohkara