Utau won't work in Japanese

User

Momo's Minion
I've been using Utau for about a year now and I have always encountered this issue. I can't make any Japanese Utaus sing. Japanese characters appear as jibberish and won't make any sound. English voicebanks work fine but it's only Japanese won't make sound. I've heard about changing the locale to Japanese but I don't know how to do that. I can't speak Japanese but I still want to create covers of Japanese songs. [I'm using Windows 10 with the English version of Utau].

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Here's a guide on how to change system locale in windows 10 among other things for UTAU link. Barely any programs will change language to japanese, but if you run into one you can google how to change the language setting of that specific program.
After changing the locale and restarting you have to delete and re-install UTAU and re-download japanese voicebanks as they got corrupt from not being in a japanese locale environment.

Reactions: Halo

User

Momo's Minion
Thanks
Here's a guide on how to change system locale in windows 10 among other things for UTAU link. Barely any programs will change language to japanese, but if you run into one you can google how to change the language setting of that specific program.
After changing the locale and restarting you have to delete and re-install UTAU and re-download japanese voicebanks as they got corrupt from not being in a japanese locale environment.