UTAU won't work on japanese locale

krai

Momo's Minion
As the title says, I have UTAU installed, and it doesn't work. I changed my locale to japanese long before installing UTAU, but it still displays mojibake and no voicebank (excluding Teto) will sing anything.
For reference, I keep my USTs in the UTAU folder and my voicebanks in the voice folder, and i code them to japanese using Bandizip when extracting them.

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Idk why this happen, buut I ttried to install utau in my dad's PC and I had the same problem as you. It was caused by the windows version (It was Win 10 lite if I'm not wrong).

krai

Momo's Minion
yeah, it could be that. i'm on win10, i heard it messes with a lot of japanese programs. what a pity.

Reactions: Big_B

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
yeah, it could be that. i'm on win10, i heard it messes with a lot of japanese programs. what a pity.
hmm i'm also on win10 and utau works (mostly) fine for me, so that may not be the issue. wonder what could be causing it.

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
hmm i'm also on win10 and utau works (mostly) fine for me, so that may not be the issue. wonder what could be causing it.
Yeah, I have utau in my PC with windows 10 too. My dad's PC has windows 7 lite (Sorry bout that, but I said the wrong windows above) and it wasn't working. I believe it still can be the windows since exists a lot of versions of it although I beliieve that it can be another thing too.

What are yours windows?
[doublepost=1597876025][/doublepost]
Yeah, I had an utau in my PC with windows 10 too. My dad's PC has windows 7 lite (Sorry bout that, but I said the wrong windows above) and it wasn't working. I believe it still can be the windows since exists a lot of versions of it and I was having exactly the same problem as you although.

But did you tried to download the japanese language to the windows 10?

What are yours windows?
[doublepost=1597876426][/doublepost]When I was in my brothers PC (That is Windows 10 Pro) I had to install japanese to my utau work properly. Try this tutorial: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/install-japanese-keyboard-on-windows-10

(Yeah, here in my house we have a lot of PCs, so if it's getting confusing you just have to know that exists a PC to each one member of my family and we are 8 here XD)

krai

Momo's Minion
What are yours windows?
Im using win 10 Home. I already have a japanese keyboard, I even changed the display language to japanese and reinstalled UTAU but I still get mojibake. Maybe I should try downloading an earlier version?

Reactions: Big_B

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Follow these steps to double check that you've correctly changed your locale (language for non-unicode programs) to Japanese.
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/locale.xml
If you're on Windows 10, do NOT enable the beta UTF-8 option.

Once you've ensured that the locale is correct, uninstall/delete, redownload, and reinstall UTAU and all UTAU-related files (such as voicebanks, or related software like OREMO).

krai

Momo's Minion
Follow these steps to double check that you've correctly changed your locale (language for non-unicode programs) to Japanese.
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/locale.xml
If you're on Windows 10, do NOT enable the beta UTF-8 option.

Once you've ensured that the locale is correct, uninstall/delete, redownload, and reinstall UTAU and all UTAU-related files (such as voicebanks, or related software like OREMO).
Thank you SO much! It works perfectly now!
In hindsight, the solution was really obvious, I'm sorry about that haha.

Reactions: Big_B and Kiyoteru

MeggyAnimations

Momo's Minion
Hmmm, well I am on Windows 10 Pro and I changed the locale BUT it still says gibberish (not mojibake). I just can't write any symbols, no matter what. What's causing it?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hmmm, well I am on Windows 10 Pro and I changed the locale BUT it still says gibberish (not mojibake). I just can't write any symbols, no matter what. What's causing it?
Please uninstall and delete UTAU and all related files, then follow this complete start-to-end setup guide to ensure that you've correctly changed your settings.

Reactions: MeggyAnimations