Critique Requested 【UTAUカバー】2NE1- I AM THE BEST 【Akemi Kotomi, Akira Nekome, Maemi Renjiro, & Meiinu Riika】

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

So yeah I've been attempting to work on my mixing lately... I really need some tips on how not to have the vocals so loud in some parts (like different voicebanks give me different ranges you could say? these are all my voicebanks btw. I voiced them myself. I have the easiest mixing Maemi (the high pitched one) I've been starting to have a lot of issues mixing Akemi for some reason... She just sounds too loud but too soft if I lower the volume ;;;

While I want help here feel free to still tell me on how I'm doing overall with mixing ;;; hopefully not horrible....

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Awaclus

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
You can use EQ, compression and automation to deal with the issue of being too loud. Specifically, try to find the most annoying and obnoxious frequencies and turn them down with the EQ while turning up some of the really essential frequencies that need to cut through the mix better, use a compressor to even out the dynamic range of the vocal (a fast attack and reasonably fast release is generally useful there), and then if the vocal needs to be louder during some parts and quieter during others, do that with automation. If you have to turn down a frequency because it sounds bad but you still want to have more of that frequency in the mix, you can use an exciter to replace some of that original bad sounding stuff with higher harmonics of a better sounding lower frequency.