Critique Requested 【UTAUカバー】ローリンガール (Rolling Girl)【SPICE Tripitch】

Discussion in 'Song Covers' started by Spice, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Spice

Spice Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Heyo!! so i cranked out a WHOLE TRIPITCH VCV BANK for SPICE yesterday, and decided it's time to make a cover of Rolling Girl..... because i love that song sososo much ;;

i hope u like it!! i think her new bank sounds much better compared to her beta, thank u to those who suggested breath files as well :D they really make it sound much better!

btw i used an arrange by yonji, it's really amazing!!! ^^

thank u !!

btw, if you have any critique, please do send me that!! i'd love to keep improving ^^

atomicreih likes this.
  3. atomicreih

atomicreih Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Holy crap Spice is so powerful!! Her voice sounds great with rock music!

In terms of mixing, I recommend using something like a peak limiter, or compressor, or normalizer (experiment with it!) on the vocal track because the higher-pitched notes were peaking the audio. It's just the super high notes that did this, the rest was mixed well imo. Another thing I recommend is using a "de esser" to take the edge of the "s" consonants which can inadvertently peak the audio a little (the letter s naturally has a high pitch). When mixing, keep an eye on the master and track volumes, most programs show you the parts where the audio peaks. Like I said, experiment with these, watch/read tutorials, see what works for you!

4. Spice

Spice Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    AA thank u so much for the reply! this helps a lot :D and thank you for the compliment~~ uwu <3

atomicreih likes this.