UTAUloid Voicebank Thief on the Loose! + Updates

Kurotard

Momo's Minion
Okay, so my sister, YokoneVina on YouTube recently had her UTAUloid's voicebank pretty much stolen by someone who claims to own the voicebank. My sister has had her UTAUloid, Vina, since about... September 2011, and relocated to a new account in early January, but that does stop the person (Totallyutau on YT) from claiming the voicebank as her own UTAUloid. All we can do is report Totallyutau. Here is "her" UTAUloid's demo: http://youtu.be/6sscrHkUMO8 And here is my sister's UTAUloid, Vina: http://youtu.be/fnrvKICgbLM Take notice how Totallyutau's UTAUloid sounds just like Vina, but at a lower pitch, which can be manipulating using flags (ex: g-2, g+5). Please help out. I can't stand voicebank thieves!  :-_-:
----
So Totallyutau admits to stealing BOTH of my sister's UTAUloid's voicebanks. This woman is despicable! I'm putting a password on my UTAUloid's voicebanks because I can't stand for my babies to get stolen. Please help out everyone. Only you all and I can stop her from doing this. Thanks for the support to those who've already helped out. Sis and I appreciate it alot.  :creepygrin:

~Kuro

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Re: UTAUloid Voicebank Thief on the Loose!

Like I said in the last voicebank theft thread, please fill this out so YouTube can get it taken down as soon as possible.
http://www.youtube.com/copyright_complaint_form
Choose "Copyright infringement (Someone copied my creation)"
And fill everything out from there.

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

I really hate people like this. They claim that they didn't steal it then go and say the person who actually made it stole it from them. Just.... ridiculous.

Kurotard

Momo's Minion

I really hate people like this. They claim that they didn't steal it then go and say the person who actually made it stole it from them. Just.... ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more with you. As my friend says, "This is why we can't have nice things." People take advantage it. If this keeps up, I may put my voicebanks under password protection. I don't want my babies being stolen and turned into pitch-loids. ;_;

Kurotard

Momo's Minion
Bumping this to the top because the situation is only getting worse as days pass. I suggest to all my UTAUloid using brethren, put your voicebanks under password protection.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
With the way voicebanks seem to be getting stolen lately, I'm about to put my voicebank under password. <=/

Kurotard

Momo's Minion
HiddenVenia link said:
With the way voicebanks seem to be getting stolen lately, I'm about to put my voicebank under password. <=/

Agreed. It's best you do. I don't want to see anyone's voicebank(s) stolen anymore.

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
she admitted she stole it
"i've given up. I'll admit i stole them. though i could care less. I'm not going to stop."
i hope she knows everyone is going to hate her now

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So wait, basically, "I steal voicebanks from utau users but I'm not gonna stop lololol" ...wat

wait, do you think you're going to get popular by stealing banks or something?  Even though they're OBVIOUSLY NOT YOURS?  How pathetic. *shakes head*  What an idiot, does she seriously think people will like her for this...?  I can't even imagine what she's thinking o3o

I vote if this happens again we all go to youtube and just... nicely flame the shit out of her videos.  Nicely.  Until she gives up and goes away. :uhuhu:

Additionally, though, just because there are a few bad apples (lol) in the fandom doesn't mean I'm going to lock up my banks.  I want them to be free to the public, and most of the people in the fandom are honest folks.  And if by some crazy chance someone does steal my babies, well... let's just say that I am a very nice-mean person when provoked :uhuhu:  (after all, I have all the tact of a Southern Belle when I want to. ;D)

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Cdra link said:
wait, do you think you're going to get popular by stealing banks or something? 
imma use the rebecca black line and say
"We don't hate you because you're famous, you're famous because we hate you!"

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
TheSnowSongstress link said:
[quote author=Cdra link=topic=1095.msg7774#msg7774 date=1332962080]
wait, do you think you're going to get popular by stealing banks or something? 
imma use the rebecca black line and say
"We don't hate you because you're famous, you're famous because we hate you!"
[/quote]
Oh I love this, thank you for saying thaaat. XD

But Cdra, you do realize that's exactly what she wants? Probably all those views. That she's recognized as a troll by the community. Why else would she say "I know but I'm going to keep going?" Unless she really doesn't understand but I doubt it.
The most devastating thing you can do them is not give them all that. Yes, the one person can try to talk to them to see if they really don't understand how bad it is, report them maybe. But for trolls? /DON'T/ go telling everyone to go check them out and how bad they are! You only need one report, right? And maybe let admins of sites like UTAUwikia (so they can blacklist them???) Not a bunch of random people telling them how much they think they're wrong / stupid / etc. I guess if they're such a big threat, warn people but try to definitely limit people from just going up to flame them. We're not being any better than them if we do that, you know?

As long as they're not getting high recognition, don't freak out too much quite yet. uvu They're just among those random users that you can personally talk to own your own. But otherwise, most people are going to ignore them anyway. 
Just stay calm and civil guys. u v ub+

--

Passwords are you own decision but ...most of this community is pretty honest and considerate of these things. I don't think we should be warning so heavily that everyone must!! lock their banks. Because thieves can still read for passwords and access them, right...? And it's a tiny bit more annoying for all of us (adding a password, distributing it, unlocking etc.) If it makes you feel safer, go ahead of course.

Edit: Wahaha, with a name as "totallyutau" I can definitely assure there is no harm from this person. Just someone who probably won't go far if you guys forget about her after reports and stuff. Don't even bother sending so many messages to her so much especially when they knooow they stole it on /purpose/? XD

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know, Panda, but I didn't really figure she was trying to troll.  I guess if so, well, don't feed the trolls as they say. :3  I don't get it still... being famous for being hated is no good.  Oh well.  I'm not going to do anything... I just, you know, bark worse than I bite when I'm mad about something. o3o;;;

I will be ignoring her as of now, but I won't be afraid to stick up for anyone who gets their bank stolen.  Still, since we know she's a thief now... just, yeah, warn everyone in the fandom not to bother with her at all?  owo