Utau's not singing some notes

Redbunny

Momo's Minion
I'm having some problems with UST's I've downloaded of 'Ai aru no kanchigai' aka 'A Mistaken Belief of Love' I'm having this problem so far with Keine Ron and Sueda Kiza, with Ron he won't sing the first two sets of notes and he'll only start singing at about halfway-ish into the second set of notes for some reason. Kiza on the other hand can sing most notes in the UST, but for them they'll stay quite on some notes and skip to the next and it sounds choppy or like they're choking. This is what they sound like: https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/735568765?secret_token=s-FYkpu&color=#ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/735573559&color=#ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true
I'm not quite sure what the problem is or what to do.

Last edited:

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Can you show screencaps of the USTs loaded up with Ron as the singer?
I downloaded Ron's CV vb and this UST for アイアルの勘違い and I didn't seem to have any issues.
If you used a different UST, could you also try and find it to drop a link to it?

Redbunny

Momo's Minion
Can you show screencaps of the USTs loaded up with Ron as the singer?
I downloaded Ron's CV vb and this UST for アイアルの勘違い and I didn't seem to have any issues.
If you used a different UST, could you also try and find it to drop a link to it?

The UST I'm using was made by Furi/Eol on Soundcloud, I can't really hand it out though.

Untitled.png

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The UST I'm using was made by Furi/Eol on Soundcloud, I can't really hand it out though.

View attachment 8685
I see the problem.

See how the first few notes of the UST are like....
[- ね] [e ど] [o な], etc?
We call that UST format VCV. It stands for vowel-consonant-vowel.
You're using Ron's CV voicebank, so it doesn't work with VCV USTs!

I recommend downloading Iroiro2 and selecting all notes with CTRL A, then converting the UST to CV just to make sure no VCV parts are missed!
Here's a post of mine in another thread talking about where to get Iroiro2 and how to use it to convert USTs!

Redbunny

Momo's Minion
I see the problem.

See how the first few notes of the UST are like....
[- ね] [e ど] [o な], etc?
We call that UST format VCV. It stands for vowel-consonant-vowel.
You're using Ron's CV voicebank, so it doesn't work with VCV USTs!

I recommend downloading Iroiro2 and selecting all notes with CTRL A, then converting the UST to CV just to make sure no VCV parts are missed!
Here's a post of mine in another thread talking about where to get Iroiro2 and how to use it to convert USTs!
I see, the some of my VCV voicebanks struggle with this UST as well like stated before with Sueda Kiza along with Matsudappoiyo's edge retake. They are VCV voicebanks but also have problems, could this be that parts of the UST also have possible formats of CV and if so would I just do the same thing as you said but in reverse?

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I see, the some of my VCV voicebanks struggle with this UST as well like stated before with Sueda Kiza along with Matsudappoiyo's edge retake. They are VCV voicebanks but also have problems, could this be that parts of the UST also have possible formats of CV and if so would I just do the same thing as you said but in reverse?
That is correct.
VCV voicebanks can't sing with CV USTs. There are exceptions to this occasionally, but the majority of the time it's safe to assume voicebanks are only going to be compatible with one UST type.

You can check if a voicebank is VCV by loading the vb in UTAU and going to Tools(T) > Voice Bank Settings(S).
If in the alias column there are things like this image below, it's VCV!
upload_2019-12-30_14-11-5.png

If you see aliases like ka or か or ke or け, you're likely dealing with CV.

Iroiro actually has this neat little feature that'll tell you if the voicebank you're using can sing notes selected.
If you select everything and go to Iroiro, then Replace (by list), any notes that are red are not able to be used with the vb you have loaded.
For example, I'm using Haru, a Japanese VCV UTAU voicebank, with a CV romaji UST. Here's the result of that in Iroiro!
upload_2019-12-30_14-14-43.png

I converted it to hiragana, and then from CV to VCV...
upload_2019-12-30_14-15-27.png

See how the right column is white now? That means it'll work for the voicebank I've got loaded!
Pressing the V button underneath red = no change will take you to the next red note, if any, so it's a handy way to double check everything's correct!

Redbunny

Momo's Minion
That is correct.
VCV voicebanks can't sing with CV USTs. There are exceptions to this occasionally, but the majority of the time it's safe to assume voicebanks are only going to be compatible with one UST type.

You can check if a voicebank is VCV by loading the vb in UTAU and going to Tools(T) > Voice Bank Settings(S).
If in the alias column there are things like this image below, it's VCV!
View attachment 8686

If you see aliases like ka or か or ke or け, you're likely dealing with CV.

Iroiro actually has this neat little feature that'll tell you if the voicebank you're using can sing notes selected.
If you select everything and go to Iroiro, then Replace (by list), any notes that are red are not able to be used with the vb you have loaded.
For example, I'm using Haru, a Japanese VCV UTAU voicebank, with a CV romaji UST. Here's the result of that in Iroiro!
View attachment 8687

I converted it to hiragana, and then from CV to VCV...
View attachment 8688

See how the right column is white now? That means it'll work for the voicebank I've got loaded!
Pressing the V button underneath red = no change will take you to the next red note, if any, so it's a handy way to double check everything's correct!
I see, thank you so much for your help!