vb help needed

MunashiiMuu

Momo's Minion
Hello again~ Though I should probably make this here.

I need a bit of help with UTAU, I downloaded two vbs off here and neither of them worked. Uta works, and can sing on UTAU, but the two I downloaded didn't, their samples would load, and I could hear them. I thought my first issue was the resampler, as I tried to load a UST as well (Which now trying to open again, I dont think it actually has anything in it, since I downloaded another and it loaded fine.)

But even with the working UST, they wouldn't make any sound. My locale is Japan, I tried restarting my computer too, but I'm kinda lost. I was thinking maybe I needed to download off of other sites, but honestly most of the UTAUloid sites kinda concern me, I'm always a bit cautious with downloading things, It took me awhile to get the balls to download TIPS ahaha.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What voicebanks are you using? What format are the voicebanks? Make sure that the UST's lyrics match the voicebank format.

MunashiiMuu

Momo's Minion
What voicebanks are you using? What format are the voicebanks? Make sure that the UST's lyrics match the voicebank format.
I made sure to check if they matched, I was using Hibisune Dora and Kin kineko, but nether of them worked. Just downloaded Kasane teto and she works fine though.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you're using a VCV voicebank, you will need to convert the UST to VCV as well.
This is what a CV UST looks like: [か][え][る][の][う][た][が]
Each note needs to "borrow" the vowel from the previous note to make it VCV: [- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]

You can automate the process by using a plugin such as iroiro. https://ux.getuploader.com/bizz_v/download/180

MunashiiMuu

Momo's Minion
If you're using a VCV voicebank, you will need to convert the UST to VCV as well.
This is what a CV UST looks like: [か][え][る][の][う][た][が]
Each note needs to "borrow" the vowel from the previous note to make it VCV: [- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]

You can automate the process by using a plugin such as iroiro. https://ux.getuploader.com/bizz_v/download/180

No it wasn't the fact it was the UST, since I already figured out that the one I used didn't worked (I downloaded another one and it worked fine) Just the fact that they didn't work. If I clicked samples I could hear them, but if I just tried making them say "あ" then they still wouldn't work, they wouldn't say anything, I couldn't hear them. I eventually tried downloading Teto's whisper vb and she wouldn't work either, but that's probably a different issue. I was thinking it was because I got them off this site? But that may not be the reason.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
if I just tried making them say "あ" then they still wouldn't work, they wouldn't say anything

A library configured for VCV - which is what Kin Kaneko and Hibisune Dora are - cannot say "あ" like a CV library (for example uta/Defoko). They do not have the aliases necessary for CV use. I have downloaded both voice libraries myself and can confirm that they work after converting to the VCV format and fitting them to a UST. To convert a UST to VCV, you can use the following plugin:
upload_2021-2-16_16-30-52.png
upload_2021-2-16_16-31-48.png

Upon pressing the box to checkmark Language, you will get a popup saying 'Please reload.' Press Okay. Close the main iroiro window, and reload it. The first tab 'Characters' is what you'll use to convert to VCV (or convert a VCV UST to CV).

upload_2021-2-16_16-53-15.png

You mentioned Kasane Teto Whisper. On the English version of Kasane Teto's official site, it states:

"To utilize the whisper voice, you need to add the Kanji character "囁" in the SurffixBroker for the appended voicebank.
If you do not know the Kanji, please copy and paste the character here.
We uploaded the tutorial video for user help."

Whisper is made with the intention of adding its folder to the original corresponding bank (it can be downloaded as VCV and CV) and switching between the original voice and whisper via the use of the Kanji suffix given. It cannot be used like a normal standalone voice. When you load Kasane Teto Whisper by itself, you'll need do the following...

• Make sure the UST is in the correct format (CV or VCV) and Hiragana.
  • Ctrl + A to select All
  • Go to Tools, then Built-in Tools, then Suffix Broker (or Alt + T, Alt + U, Alt + S in that order). You'll see a dropdown menu. Copy-paste the Kanji for her whisper and press Okay. The selected notes will automatically add the suffix that corresponds to her whisper library.
upload_2021-2-16_16-50-34.png

MunashiiMuu

Momo's Minion
Upon pressing the box to checkmark Language, you will get a popup saying 'Please reload.' Press Okay. Close the main iroiro window, and reload it. The first tab 'Characters' is what you'll use to convert to VCV (or convert a VCV UST to CV).
When I open it/press anything in the app it says; "Cannot write anything to the folder" so the language didn't change when I did what you said.

Also thanks for the help with Teto Whisper, I figured out the reason she wasn't working before I checked the thread lol

Thank you guys for the help too, I'm sorry if I was a tad rude in my replies.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When I open it/press anything in the app it says; "Cannot write anything to the folder" so the language didn't change when I did what you said.
Make sure that the entire UTAU folder is outside Program Files, like on Desktop or in Documents.