VCV OTO help?

Discussion in 'UtaHelp' started by KibouMichi, Jun 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. KibouMichi

KibouMichi Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    So, I gave in and started making a VCV bank for my Kibou, even before releasing my CV one.
    I'm pretty okay at OTOing, I was able to confidently manually OTO the first few WAVs of the VCV bank; then I tried Moresampler's auto-OTO generator, which did a some of my aliases correctly, only a lot of them needed tweeking, either because they were very wrong or badly timed. I don't even wanna talk about OREMO.
    Does anyone know of a decent resampler that is more accurate?
    There was also a lot of duplicates, so I'm wondering if that'll affect my rendering or resampling at all.

3. Arissa

Arissa Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I don't think there's another resampler aside from Moresampler that generates otos. Your best bet is to alter the oto manually, since just using Moresampler rarely ever guarantees 100% accuracy

KibouMichi likes this.
  4. KibouMichi

Trophy Points
    Ahh, thank you. I've done about 300 more so far and it feels like it's taking a long time lmao

Arissa likes this.
  5. Arissa

Arissa Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    No problem! And yeah, VCV takes a lot of work, but thankfully it'll all pay off when you're finished ^^

6. Amzsie

Amzsie Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Sadly, there really is no program that does the otoing 100% accurate for you. Moresampler is good for a base oto, which includes aliasing and sometimes decent oto's. Usually if you want a really good oto, youre gonna have to do it yourself;; As for the duplicate samples, Im pretty sure theres a setting in the moresampler oto-er that allows you to turn off duplicates.

Kiyoteru and KibouMichi like this.
  7. KibouMichi

Trophy Points
    Personally, I don't mind the duplicates chilling in my OTO as long as it doesn't affect the way my USTs are rendered.

8. Kuku Klock

Kuku Klock Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    if you used a BGM guide and you hit the right marks you could try set param?
    I mean, yes you'd still have to go back and edit the oto but (from my experience) not as much as Moresampler. Either That or Moresampler just hates me.

Amzsie likes this.
  9. KibouMichi

Trophy Points
    I almost gave in to the dark side and returned to the dreaded, n00b CV; alas, I continued forth and finished my Jedi quest.
    I'm kidding, I love CV a lot and I will never stop using it even if I use VCV. But I did finally get that OTO done.

Amzsie likes this.