Videos exported from AviUtl have no audio

samuelusa

Momo's Minion
when I export a video (.mp4) in AviUtl, the video has no audio, it's just the video. when I export a video as a .AVI though, it exports correctly with the audio. i'm using the x264 export plugin. the error it gives me is this:

auo [error]: Audio output file is missing. Audio encoding with qaac has failed.
auo [error]: Audio encoding commandline...
auo [error]: ".\3rdParty\qaac.exe" -q 2 --abr 128 --ignorelength -o "C:\Users\lunat\Videos\AviUtl projects\video_audio.m4a" "-"
qaac [error]: ERROR: CoreAudioToolbox.dll: The specified module could not be found.

the version is 1.00. i looked for a while to see if anyone else was having this issue and if someone had found an answer, but I couldn't really find anything that was helpful to me. i found one thread with someone that had a similar problem to me, but i couldn't really find a good answer on how I could fix it. i even installed AviUtl again and it's still not exporting correctly. can someone help me fix this?

samuelusa

Momo's Minion
i use the default settings in the x264 export plugin. it's weird, because before, the videos exported correctly. maybe it's because of a windows update? i'm not sure...
Post automatically merged:

EDIT I FIGURED IT OUT I JUST HAD TO INSTALL QUICKTIME!!! IF YOU'RE HAVING THIS ISSUE TRY INSTALLING QUICKTIME FOR WINDOWS OR WHATEVER YOUR USING AVIUTL ON!!! AUDIO WORKS FOR ME NOW THANK GOD i was researching a bit more into it and i was watching a video and i saw the solution in the comments and yea!!!!! not sure if i need to delete this thread but???? it woudlnt let me edit the original post so im just gonna say. yea DO THAT

Last edited:

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
I just had this same issue after upgrading to an SSD with a fresh install of windows. Installing Quicktime worked! It must have some encoding that windows doesn't have by default