VOCAL EXERCISES - Exercises you like to do to warm up for recording?

HydroChromatic

Teto's Territory
I wanted to ask what exercises people do whether it be 10 minutes of vocal exercises to start the day, or just one to warm up before recording an utau.

If you can, post what the exercise will help you improve with your voice but resources like Video, Audio or links
would be the most helpful! Hopefully we can all help each other to find the perfect exercises to improve an aspect of the voice someone would like to work on.

For example, I would like to work on my higher ranges tone and clarity. As a male I can reach the usual octave just fine but I can also go into the C4-A5 range (like the original octave of MeltDown) but although my pitch and control is great, the strength and solidness of sound is weak.

Thank you and happy posting!

Reactions: Line Gheist
P

partial

I don't do any sort of warm up exercises but I'd like to increase my feeble range. Lowest I can go is F3 with moderate pain, the absolute highest I can go before I have to switch to falsetto is B4. However, my tone is weak outside of a really small range of notes (like B3 - G4) and I struggle a lot with being able to sound powerful.

Alky

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Back in the day, used to plan running in the morning, then coming home and chugging hot tea or water afterwards .During the runs, would awkwardly practice tritones and scales with different intensities and mouth shapes. All that air was necessary to belt F4+ and do falsetto or even come close to D5.

HydroChromatic

Teto's Territory
These were always the vocal exercises I would follow before recording and every other day when I remembered. To me they were really helpful so I'm going to try these again and hopefully I'll improve. I need something more for loosening the throat and holding a solid clear tone for high range.

Start at 4:15 for the video

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Only immediately before recording a voicebank, I tend to get distracted by having a microphone in front of my face and start singing various songs. But it does help me get used to the tone of voice I'm going to use for the bank, so I'll call it a warm up.

Reactions: lunari162

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't do any sort of warm up exercises but I'd like to increase my feeble range. Lowest I can go is F3 with moderate pain, the absolute highest I can go before I have to switch to falsetto is B4. However, my tone is weak outside of a really small range of notes (like B3 - G4) and I struggle a lot with being able to sound powerful.
if you have pain you might not be using good technique.If you have pain, you aren't either
A) Breathing from your diaphragm
:shades: Straining.
C) Combination of both.
If you do warmups or practice enough, your vocal range can expand.