【Vocaloid Original】 Break the Mirror 【Megurine Luka V4X】

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Woohoo~ My first fully completed original yay me!!! :wink:
I worked really hard on this so I hope you guys enjoy it~ Don't play with mirrors.

Mp3 and instrumental can be downloaded here.

Reactions: Chrisic

Chrisic

Momo's Minion
I really like this song. The instrumental is awesome, but the song it's a little bit repetitive
and it sounds very robotic. But I've never done a song , so my opinion is not important
:smile:

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That's not true at all don't think like that ;;

The song itself was meant to be on the short and repetitive side. Kind of like short, sweet and to the point versus doing something overly complicated with varying melodies? I don't know how to explain it well xD I'm still learning and experimenting with things like this(like I said it's one of my first songs) so I didn't want to go over the top with it and make a fool out of myself.

As for Luka's vocals, while I myself don't hear much of a "robotic" issue with her, I did have trouble with the bridge...it's probably cause I lowered the brightness in it...and overall I'm still getting used to her V4X bank so I have a lot to learn when it comes to tuning and mixing her.

I appreciate your thoughts though, I've only ever done like three songs maybe that I put actual thought and effort into, this being the first to get completed xD So I have lots to learn and figure out.

I'll try to do better next time~

Chrisic

Momo's Minion
That's not true at all don't think like that ;;

The song itself was meant to be on the short and repetitive side. Kind of like short, sweet and to the point versus doing something overly complicated with varying melodies? I don't know how to explain it well xD I'm still learning and experimenting with things like this(like I said it's one of my first songs) so I didn't want to go over the top with it and make a fool out of myself.

As for Luka's vocals, while I myself don't hear much of a "robotic" issue with her, I did have trouble with the bridge...it's probably cause I lowered the brightness in it...and overall I'm still getting used to her V4X bank so I have a lot to learn when it comes to tuning and mixing her.

I appreciate your thoughts though, I've only ever done like three songs maybe that I put actual thought and effort into, this being the first to get completed xD So I have lots to learn and figure out.

I'll try to do better next time~
Sorry , when I said that sounds robotic , I didn't like to say that the song sounds robotic. What I like to said was that the song doesn't sound realistic.

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hmmm, I think I get what you're trying to say? Realism wasn't what I wanted though so I am going to have to kindly disagree with you there.

I still feel like I have much to learn in terms of tuning and mixing, don't get me wrong, and I am more than willing to practice that...but especially for this song I didn't want a realistic sound and I knew that 100% coming into it. Jokes aside it's not a realistic song with a realistic message...a dark nursery rhyme you would tell to scare people if you will. And as such I did not want to try and give it that realistic feel because that's not what I wanted for Break the Mirror at all. Even the sister song that I'm working on is the same way...neither of them are supposed to sound realistic. It's just not the point of the songs ;;

Some songs do need that touch of realism and I do have one like that in my WiP pile...this just isn't one of them in my opinion. Thanks for clarifying though I appreciate it.

DayDreamerStratus

Teto's Territory
I like it, very creepy! Ha, I'm not human so IDk what would happen if I encountered her in the mirror.. I'd probably break her out and then send her to her final rest. >:3