VOCALOID Reclist [WIP]

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
So I'm going to start working on a reclist that corresponds to VOCALOID's phonemes. Not exactly sure what recording format it will be, although it will likely be CVVC since I will be using the Japanese, Spanish, and English VOCALOID phoneme systems in it.

So, does this sound like a good idea?

Post your thoughts in the thread, and I will update once I have things ready for people to test!

comet3

local rain enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
I think it's a great idea. VOCALOID is known to be more fluent (in most situations) so I'd love to hear an UTAU sing just as fluently!

Reactions: samth1815

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
If I can be of any help, I can link some resources here:

English Phoneme chart for Vocaloid(1): English Phoneme Chart &[HASHTAG]#8211[/HASHTAG]; Vocaloid1
Vocaloid Phonetic Library: VOCALOID Phonetic Library
Phoneme Chart: POLYGLOID

In addition, I think I read somewhere that Vocaloid is recorded in VSC (vowel semivowel consonant) or something like that, but I can't remember where. Due to how people normally make UTAU voicebanks, it might not be necessary to consider it, but take my opinion with a grain of salt because I'm not particularly skilled in phonetics or anything.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I was thinking of making an alternate English reclist by combining the Chezzie string structure with the phonetic symbols of Vocaloid, then I realized that Vocaloid honestly is lacking some phonemes...

A fluent trilingual list sounds like a fun idea. I'm not really sure how well it'll overlap though, because of accents... Something could sound normal in Japanese but then weirdly pronounced in Spanish.

Reactions: samth1815

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh boy, an old thread has been revived.

Vocaloid uses X-SAMPA, which is a phonetic system like IPA except you don't need to type any fancy symbols for it (Therefore making it UTAU compatible)

A lot of people try to develop language reclists with their own systems, even though a very good one that spans any language already exists... Delta's English reclist, although aimed at Japanese speakers, uses the system. And besides, theoretically, writing an x-sampa based reclist means being able to synthesize ANY language with a perfect accent...

For now I just recommend that people use x-sampa for language reclists, English being an exception because of the prevalence of chezzie's list.

Reactions: Tema