Vocaloid Serial Number Problem

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I recently purchased Luka second hand and when I tried to use the serial to activate it, it said the serial was already in use. I purchased two other vocaloids from the same person I bought Luka from and they work fine.
Point being, I'm not sure what to do about this. I sent a message to crypton asking for another serial, but I don't know if I even did that right. I also have attempted to contact the person I bought Luka from, but I don't know if that will work either.
Does anyone know, or have any advice on what they think I should do? I don't want to have bought Luka and not be able to use her.

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
The person probably didnt use the uninstaller to clear the code..... They will have to do this before you can use her.

orahi_shiro

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I recently purchased Luka second hand and when I tried to use the serial to activate it, it said the serial was already in use. I purchased two other vocaloids from the same person I bought Luka from and they work fine.
Point being, I'm not sure what to do about this. I sent a message to crypton asking for another serial, but I don't know if I even did that right. I also have attempted to contact the person I bought Luka from, but I don't know if that will work either.
Does anyone know, or have any advice on what they think I should do? I don't want to have bought Luka and not be able to use her.

Usually VOCALOID serial codes can only be used 3 times in total.
If you can't contact the person you bought Luka from, you should contact Crypton and tell your problem so they can renew your serial code*
* Well, this would work if you purchased Luka from Crypton's site, not sure about second-handed products

Last edited:

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Usually VOCALOID serial codes can only be used 3 times in total.
If you can't contact the person you bought Luka from, you should contact Crypton and tell your problem so they can renew your serial code*
* Well, this would work if you purchased Luka from Crypton's site, not sure about second-handed products

I heard you can use them infinite times, as long as you use the VOCALOID Deactivation Tool with them.

Reactions: orahi_shiro

orahi_shiro

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I heard you can use them infinite times, as long as you use the VOCALOID Deactivation Tool with them.

Then forget what I said and replace by: "You can use them infinite times as long as you use the VOCALOID Deactivation Tool. If not, you can only use it three times before you need to contact Crypton or any other company."

I'm sure that after three times without using VOCALOID Deactivation Tool, you need to contact with the developer company to renew. I've seen some people from here that had to do that. x'D

Reactions: samth1815

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Then forget what I said and replace by: "You can use them infinite times as long as you use the VOCALOID Deactivation Tool. If not, you can only use it three times before you need to contact Crypton or any other company."

I'm sure that after three times without using VOCALOID Deactivation Tool, you need to contact with the developer company to renew. I've seen some people from here that had to do that. x'D
Do you know how exactly I contact them? I sent them a message yesterday, but I don't know if I sent it to the one it needs to go to.

orahi_shiro

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Do you know how exactly I contact them? I sent them a message yesterday, but I don't know if I sent it to the one it needs to go to.

Go here and select the second option, then explain the problem you have (if you can contact the user you bought Luka from, tell it to him/her to do that)

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I've tried two different things so far. I've emailed them and tried this: クリプトン | VOCALOIDアクティベーション制限回数リセット
So far emailing them has resulting in them emailing me back asking for more details.

The second option resulted in them sending me an email that said this (in japanese):

上記シリアルナンバーのアクティベーションリセットが完了致しましたのでご報告致します。
これにより、アクティベーションを1回行うことができます。

なおヤマハ社よりVOCALOID製品(VOCALOID / VOCALOID 2 / VOCALOID3)のアクティベーション(認証)を
解除するためのソフトウェア「VOCALOID Deactivation Tool」(ボーカロイド・ディアクティベーション・ツール)が公開され、
この「VOCALOID Deactivation Tool」をお使い頂くことにより、インストール&アクティベーション済みのVOCALOID製品の
アクティベーションをお客様ご自身で解除できるようになりました。

ディアクティベーションツールは、下記弊社サポートページより使い方の確認とダウンロードをお願い申し上げます。
クリプトン | VOCALOID製品のディアクティベーション(認証解除)方法について

つきましては今後、HDD交換や、OSのクリーンインストール、パソコン買い替えによる旧PCの処分などされる際に、もしディアクティベーションが出来る状況の場合は、
予め先にディアクティベーションツールにてアクティベーション解除を行ってから処理を進めて頂けますと幸いです。

また何かございましたらお気軽にお問い合わせくださいませ。
今後とも弊社取り扱い製品をご愛顧頂けますよう宜しくお願い致します。

Google translates it to this:
like I will report activation reset of the serial number has now been completed. This can be done once the activation. The activation of the (2 / VOCALOID3 VOCALOID / VOCALOID) VOCALOID product (authentication) than Yamaha's software for releasing "VOCALOID Deactivation Tool" (Vocaloid di activation tool) is published, this "VOCALOID Deactivation Tool" By receive your a, of VOCALOID product installation and activation already it is now can be released on your own activation. De-activation tool, thank you review and download of how to use our support from the following page.クリプトン | VOCALOID製品のディアクティベーション(認証解除)方法について future, when it is the HDD or exchange, clean install of the OS, such as the disposal of the old PC by PC replacement attaching ...., In the case of situations where deactivation can be if it is hope you to go ahead and Make the deactivation in deactivation tool earlier in advance. Also please feel free to contact us If you have something. Thank you as you can for your continued support of our handling products in the future.
Can anyone tell me what it means? It all seems like a garbled mess to me.

Last edited:

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, it looks like a serial code to me. If it ends up being a serial, I'd remove it from your post.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
That's the serial that came with Luka that isn't working.
(I removed it anyway)

Last edited:

△ x t r y k

Momo's Minion
Selling your VOCALOID is actually against the terms of agreement.

HJxotrW.png

I don't think you'll get much help from Crypton or YAMAHA if they know she's secondhand. If anything, the only thing I recommend is you keep trying to contact your seller and ask them about the activation codes and if they've deactivated there's. If they don't answer, I don't want to recommend this, but if you should probably just DL her. I'd be really annoyed if I bought a VOCALOID that didn't have activation codes so it's what I'd do, but that depends on how comfortable you are with doing that.

Reactions: orahi_shiro

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hmmm...the only other thing I can think of is...did Luka come with an orange piece of paper in her case??? Cause if you sign up on Crypton's site and can register the product with your account then you can reset the serial code that way. There's like a button you can click to do it.

However, since this is a second hand purchase I don't know how well this will work cause the previous owner might've already registered her with their own account ;;

Secondhand purchases are so problematic OTL

Last edited:

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I don't think you'll get much help from Crypton or YAMAHA if they know she's secondhand. If anything, the only thing I recommend is you keep trying to contact your seller and ask them about the activation codes and if they've deactivated there's. If they don't answer, I don't want to recommend this, but if you should probably just DL her. I'd be really annoyed if I bought a VOCALOID that didn't have activation codes so it's what I'd do, but that depends on how comfortable you are with doing that.
I am still trying to get a hold of the seller. I went through a service since I used yahoo auction and I'm trying to get them to ask for me since I don't know japanese and I doubt the seller could understand google translate japanese very well, but when I sent an email explaining what was going on all I got was this:
We have checked the aution page and it is said that this item's user registration is already been completed.
You will be able to use it by validating the function of the game with your own PC.

We kindly ask you for your understanding.
I sent another email back, but I'm currently waiting on their reply.

Hmmm...the only other thing I can think of is...did Luka come with an orange piece of paper in her case??? Cause if you sign up on Crypton's site and can register the product with your account then you can reset the serial code that way. There's like a button you can click to do it.

However, since this is a second hand purchase I don't know how well this will work cause the previous owner might've already registered her with their own account ;;

Secondhand purchases are so problematic OTL
Surprisingly enough, the previous owner didn't register her (I assume anyway) and I have already registered her under my name without a problem.

I tried the button thing and that's what got me that email I previously posted.

Also, I just noticed that when I go to the reactivation request page it said this (poorly translated through google): "If the activation time, it appears "VOCALOID2 component corresponding to the serial code. has been activated already" or "All VOCALOID components for this serial code are alredy activated Play another one.", need to receive your request to reset There is no."
Does this mean I'm boned?

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Awww balls =/ -weird Iris sound of frustration and thinking- Yeah I just read the page and from what I understand the reactivation thingy only works if you've used up the code(so if you've used it three times or whatever) not if it's already activated uggggh ;;;; So, by all technical standards it probably did reset but that won't help if it's already been activated I guess...I don't really know cause I've never had any problem with activating my Luka(aside from not being able to find the code when I first opened it haha ) nor have I run out activation times OTL I'm sorry ;;;

I guess yeah...you'd have to contact the seller directly about it. I've never used(or heard of for that matter...) of yahoo auctions though so I don't know how that works.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I suppose I'll just have to keep trying to get a hold of the seller, or something.
(I think it's safe to say that I'm heartbroken right now. I ordered 3 vocaloids from this person and the other two work fine, so why is there a problem with Luka? While the price for Luka herself was not bad, I was hit hard with shipping. I can't believe this.)