"Vocaloid" Stella

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
So I don't know if any of you have heard about the drama surrounding Planty-P and STELLA, which was this charity Vocaloid that Planty got a team for, and she has a website and some explanations on Planty's tumblr.

And then the real fun part is when Planty made some sudden goodbyes on twitter and the whole project was revealed a fluke, which even fooled Stella's team (you can read the whole trainwreck at the vocaloidforums, where some of the team is speaking up here.

So. Yeah. Drama. A real fun thing to add to the things Planty's already pulled in the fandom. I was underwhelmed by Stella personally but I didn't expect her to actually be a fake. What are your thoughts?

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I was kind of torn about whether I thought it was real or not. I wanted to believe it because it seemed way too risky to fake a Vocaloid, especially with Planty's past. Now I'm pretty much convinced it was all a publicity stunt to drum up interest in buying an album, and maybe even a scam since who knows for sure what he would have done with the money.

I'm kind of surprised at how the entire team was fooled, especially Giraffe. Not that I don't trust them, but it seems really weird. To me, making VSQxs and listening to the renders doesn't really count as beta testing. We actually got to use IA ROCKS when she was in beta.

Also FWIW I agree with you that I wasn't really impressed with her voice either. Some people are pointing to Stella and saying it's evidence multi-character XSY can work and Yamaha should allow it, but I think they're grasping at straws.

ETA: Alphonse on VO posted pretty good evidence Planty was a scam artist, period. I'm legit angry now, because I was actually going to buy a song commission from Planty. Thankfully he never asked for the money...

Last edited:

oliesan

Momo's Minion
To be completely honest, I'm kind of... annoyed/disappointed/ashamed? I don't know the word for it. But anyways. I'm not happy that this happened, as I'm sure a lot of people aren't. This one person fooled not only his team, but a BUNCH of people who were his loyal followers. I had hope that if someone could make a vocaloid with a small team, then so could I. Then I realized it was bull. Anyways, even if my apologies don't mean much I still want to apologize to the people who were working on a 'vocaloid' but later found out they weren't.

//honestly i'm sleep deprived so idk if it made sense]

OMGPingu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I never believed that this 'STELLA' Vocaloid was legit anyway. She sounds like Len when in high notes, and 2 mixed Vocaloids in lower notes, so I think she could be just a fanloid or something like that, just something that was created by other vocaloids.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I never believed that this 'STELLA' Vocaloid was legit anyway. She sounds like Len when in high notes, and 2 mixed Vocaloids in lower notes, so I think she could be just a fanloid or something like that, just something that was created by other vocaloids.
It was revealed she was a XYS hack

Xepheris

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

Her core bank was an XSY "hack" using Rana's and Kokone's voice.
I can't remember what the other one was, though I think it was using Meiko?, because it was so long ago now.
Her "moon append" was recorded by his sister using dev tools.

Last edited:

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Her core bank was an XSY "hack" using Rana's and Kokone's voice.
I can't remember what the other one was, though I think it was using Meiko?, because it was so long ago now.
Her "moon append" was recorded by his sister using dev tools.
Her sun bank was Merli and Meiko