VOCALOID-TO-UTAU THEFT ALERT

D

dCatharsis

I've recieved a message from a fellow Chilean UTAU user and friend who told me about the existence of Ariel Mermoik.

This UTAUloid uses samples from the Vocaloid Gumi, and her "author" claims that Ariel's voice source is from "a friend of hers".
Also, his/her/hir author put the voicebank for download, here.
I've downloaded it and checked Ariel's voicebank, and I'm 99.9% sure it's Gumi's voice (I've deleted her voicebank after that, of course).

My friend tried to convince her to delete that voicebank, but his/her/hir author swears that Ariel is legal and that her voice comes from his/her/hir "friend".
Please help us to make this person delete that voicebank. Flag the videos from this channel. Its author speaks Spanish but if you want I can translate your messages, if you want to send some.

Please help me to spead this message. Thank you everybody in advance!

Matsukai

Momo's Minion
hi cata, im mexican and i fairly know this guy but yeah i downloaded the voicebank just to be sure and now i am. Hes using vocaloid Gumi, claiming his own, saying the voice provider is  someone called "Sara Fernandez" . Something has to be done.

D

dCatharsis

Matsukai link said:
hi cata, im mexican and i fairly know this guy but yeah i downloaded the voicebank just to be sure and now i am. Hes using vocaloid Gumi, claiming his own, saying the voice provider is  someone called \"Sara Fernandez\" . Something has to be done.
Hi there!
Somebody that I know, a friend of him (Mexican, too) sent him a message telling him to delete that voicebank and the videos. I hope he does it...and that he doesn't take this too badly D:
Unfortunately I couldn't be able to report him because of the copyright...so I hope he just delete those videos and that voicebank because he could be in a major problem.

Matsukai

Momo's Minion
Oh thats fine.  Its strange we havent noticed yet, that voicebank has been for download for a while, but i didnt pay attention to it until i saw a comment of a friend.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
The problem on this topic is that this is the same case as RicardoVocaloid did years ago... The blacklist at UTAUwiki is obligated at this point (since he already used a V/Polkaloid on UTAU and distributed it, denies to remove it, claims it's another person and not GUMI without providing proof of the real person)... but if this continues, I has to be reported at Internet Co.

EDIT:
The videos and VB was taken down... yet Adan violated the UTAU rules... actions will be taken.

EDIT2: From Yoiloid blog---
Noticia importante.
Ariel desaparecera durante un tiempo, volvera, pero distinta :D asiq ue no la echen de menos ^^
Important News:
Ariel will dissapear for a while, but she will be back, but now different :D so dont miss her ^^

Adan also took down all the other voicebanks as well... if someone can provide copies of the other Yoiloids for me to revise I will appreciate, but it's highly possible they will be banned too like Rikki Leon in RicardoVocaloid case.

Sorry for the bad news.

D

dCatharsis

Yue Nagareboshi link said:
The problem on this topic is that this is the same case as RicardoVocaloid did years ago... The blacklist at UTAUwiki is obligated at this point (since he already used a V/Polkaloid on UTAU and distributed it, denies to remove it, claims it's another person and not GUMI without providing proof of the real person)... but if this continues, I has to be reported at Internet Co.

EDIT:
The videos and VB was taken down... yet Adan violated the UTAU rules... actions will be taken.

EDIT2: From Yoiloid blog---
Noticia importante.
Ariel desaparecera durante un tiempo, volvera, pero distinta :D asiq ue no la echen de menos ^^
Important News:
Ariel will dissapear for a while, but she will be back, but now different :D so dont miss her ^^

Adan also took down all the other voicebanks as well... if someone can provide copies of the other Yoiloids for me to revise I will appreciate, but it's highly possible they will be banned too like Rikki Leon in RicardoVocaloid case.

Sorry for the bad news.
The person who told me about Ariel checked the other voicebanks and told me that only Ariel was the one with Vocaloid samples.
I couldn't download those other voicebanks at the moment but I've watched some videos of his other UTAUloids, and they doesn't seem to be sampled from Vocaloid...

BTW, there are some videos with Ariel Mermoik made by other users. What about those? :O

D

dCatharsis

JYURIE || 10リイ link said:
*reads*
\"used gumi's voice\"

//GUMI'S VOICE///

she/he will suffer. *clench fist*
REPORTS*
Ariel's creator already deleted that voicebank, don't worry...
He's going to give her a "legal" voice now....I hope so >.<