VocaUTAU 60s, 70s, 80s Compilation Album

Would you be interested in participating/seeing this happen?

• Yes!

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No!

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

XJM

Teto's Territory
So the idea came up again in chat... I decided to start a thread about it. Thought it would be a fun idea to do a little compilation like this.

This would be done two ways: I want to open this compilation to all 60s, 70s, and 80s music from around the world. And do more country specific compilations. Anyway... if anyone is interested or wants to see this thing become a thing just post about it here :smile:

Don't know what will happen, yet, so this is purely for brainstorming.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Just would have to make sure all those karaoke versions are OK to use!
But it totally sounds fun. Mixing modern utau tech and oldie songs. Good times.

XJM

Teto's Territory
I'd love to be able to actually share this idea with some of these artists who's songs will be covered. It'd be neat to see what they think of the technology. Need to get people interested first. I'll let the user choose the song they want to do but I'll have to ultimately make sure that it's okay with the artist and so it sounds decent to include. Don't want to sound mean but gota make sure what is presented in the compilation is decent for anyone to hear. especially if it be an artist who's song is being covered here.

XJM

Teto's Territory
how about this... if you are going to do a cover just mention it (like rockloud) and provide a YouTube or something to share. getting the ball rolling!

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
!!!! Yooo this is a wonderful idea!! I was already planning on covering Journey's Separate Ways... <3 <3

I have the off-vocal for it, too! I love this song

It'd be cool to see songs from the eras from around the world, too!!! I'd link to some, but it'd be quite a list and I don't know which ones have readily available off-vocals... '~'
Anyway, I really really hope this project actually happens!!!!
EDIT- And yooo Bohemian Rhapsody as an UTAU chorus would be such a sweet thing to see/hear!

Reactions: XJM

XJM

Teto's Territory
So long as I get people interested and actually working on covers this thing is full throttle! Maybe I'll start a new thread for submitting covers for the compilation. This first one will be focused on the multicultural compilation that will include 60s, 70s, and 80s music from all over the world.

I would like to create a YouTube playlist containing the music/PV for anyone to hear, as well as a mix of all the covers in the compilation. MAYBE hard CD copies that can be sold (assuming it's okay with the artists covered in the compilation, of course) possibly through UF? (or otherwise I'm starting a new website soon so :wink: )

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
After having tried to pick up a song (and God it was hard because I've so much favourites, and yet i haven't even put myi idol#1's songs otherwise it'd have been harder) I think i'mma go for Capitaine abandonné

I have found an off-vocal on YT

And (but not suree now as there are other few songs including French, Spanish etc ones i've been thinking about) I could give a try to Ai no Corrida~ (however it'll be the 4-min edit, not the 6min i've posted below)

I've the off-vocal~

I will try making an USt of Never can say goodbye (Gloria gaynor's version)

I have found a karaoke as well

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
lol this is literally my entire soundcloud track list. Count me in please?

Last edited:

XJM

Teto's Territory
Think i'm going to do one also. going to do one of my favorites :wink: