Voice Bank release?

Sowen

Momo's Minion
Hey :smile:

I am really new to UTAU and I wonder what a voice bank should include when you want to release it for others to use.
Like, should my oto.ini be included or do people usually make their own? How many syllables should it have at least? Aso, just point me to everything important :smile:
:wink:

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
When releasing a voicebank make sure it has an oto.ini because users don't want to have to sit and oto your voicebank. They would just find a different UTAU to use. You want it to be user friendly. As for syllables there really isn't a set amount, but voicebanks usually have used only 2 syllables. (I don't know of any that use more, anyway.) Though you should keep in mind that there are several ways to do a voicebank (CV, CVC, CVVC(?).

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It is 100% necessary to include these in a voicebank, as I can see almost no one wanting to use a bank without them:

-A fully done oto.ini
-ALL the basic samples required for your voicebank style
-A readme so in UTAU I can hit their icon and read their readme, which generally at LEAST tells who made/recorded/designed the UTAU, release dates, contact information, terms of use (if you don't want your UTAU to be used in R18+ rated materials for example), and something that helps but I don't always see is best resampler/flags information and any character details.

Good to have, but not really needed however I like a bank more that has them:

-Icon art
-A sample section I can judge the voice by straight from UTAU (sample.wav)
-Extra samples (Like make sure you get ever form of every consonant)
-Extra language samples (Even just English Rs and Ls help, but don't go crazy with this)
-An omake folder that contains concept arts

Something definetly unneeded that just adds to the value of a bank:

-Extra supported styles
Like a CV bank recorded in CV VC JP style so it can also support CV VC, or vice versa; a VCV bank that can function as CV; I haven't seen it yet, but if someone someday makes an English CV VC bank that also supports JP CV, that would be amazing.
-More art than even the concept art, can be fun to look at if the creator is a great artist

Sowen

Momo's Minion
Thanks! That's a great help :smile:
I guess I will try once and let someone look at it and see if it's usable by others :smile: