Voice effects in "NEL"

D

dCatharsis

Hi there :smile:
I'm making a cover of "NEL" (a song made by AVtechNO!, originally sung by Miku).
I'd like to know how can I make the voice effects that appear in the original (Miku's voice is more "robotic" and "electronic" in almost the whole song), so, if you know how to make them, please tell me because I'd love to know xDDD;;
I use REAPER for mixing, so I guess it should have something for making that...thanks in advance! ^^

Dojan

Momo's Minion
Could you provide a sample of how it should sound?
If you mean something like this
AVTechNO! ACID NEL feat.Hatsune Miku
To me it mainly sounds like harmonies, possibly autotune and reverb, nothing overly weird.
Then again, this could be the wrong video for all I know.

===ADDENDUM===
I just realized that I was messing about with a NEL version a while back, just to see what effects I could utilize.

Demo is below;
https://www.box.com/s/4b519a661a7a1bd4e9f0

Anyway, it is like I said, I had one main vocal track and a harmony track, I applied my basic tools on both tracks (albeit separately) that is first a Multiband Compressor, then a Parametric EQ and in the last effect slot a Mastering tool (Maximus).
On the main vocals I also applied a filter and autotune.
Both tracks also have different sets of reverb. Nothing overly complex.
Maybe a delay effect would work as well.

I overkilled it in comparison to the original since I was after a more robotic and dead effect, and it works, should you play around with the parameters (within reasonable limits) you should achieve a similar effect to the video I posted above.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Something that can help you is rendering your vocals in UTAU using the resampler for the metallic  portamentos and add the flag "x500" to the usual flags you use.

I did this on a cover I made time ago of ZOU, that and the reverb gives a really nice effect to AVtechNO! songs.

Try that :smile:

Dojan

Momo's Minion
As said, I simply utilized reverb and autotuning.
The video you posted sounds a bit more like they've utilized a vocoder.

D

dCatharsis

Yue Nagareboshi link said:
Something that can help you is rendering your vocals in UTAU using the resampler for the metallic  portamentos and add the flag \"x500\" to the usual flags you use.

I did this on a cover I made time ago of ZOU, that and the reverb gives a really nice effect to AVtechNO! songs.

Ok, I'll try that :smile: thank you!

Dojan link said:
Oh, I see :smile: I guess I'll try that, then

D

dCatharsis

dCatharsis link said:
[quote author=Yue Nagareboshi link=topic=1570.msg12117#msg12117 date=1335405332]
Something that can help you is rendering your vocals in UTAU using the resampler for the metallic  portamentos and add the flag \"x500\" to the usual flags you use.

Ok, I'll try that :smile: thank you!

Dojan link said:
Oh, I see :smile: I guess I'll try that, then
[/quote]

Well, I've tried both but it doesn't came out how I wanted. ;_;
I've used the "x" flag and she does sound pretty good in some parts, but in others doesn't....she sounds, like, there's a kind of weird noise in her phonemes (I'm not sure if it's static, air or something like that) but amplified :sick: so, yeah...
And I've tried with the vocoder, too...but her voice doesn't change...maybe I'm using a wrong, FX...I don't know >.<