Voice Hurts, But You Didn't Sing

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
I've been having this problem lately, ever since I attempted to make an UST of Jutenija by ear. (haha, I decided to just make an UST w/o making it the exact same thing)

Now, whenever I use UTAU, I have this weird pain in my throat, even if I don't sing. It happens a lot nowadays. Like, I could just be listening to music, and then my throat hurts. Right now, all I'm doing is using the computer (not even using UTAU) and my throat feels tight.

Does anybody else have this problem, or do you guys have any suggestions? That would be great.

Thanks for reading.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well it happens to me each time I hear a bank I've recorded for someone using a grainy or very screamish voice ^^"'

After yeah I don't know =S It is weird you getthis pain in your throat by just listening to songs... Are there some with straightened up vocals or....?

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
I don't know if my problems are serious enough to go to the doctor. The pain just generally happens when I listen to songs with high-pitched voices, or low-pitched voices.
And then sometimes, once I become aware of that I have this pain in my throat, my throat would start to feel weird.

This pain reminds me of my Music Theory assignments when we had to listen and try to decipher the pitches.
It's like, even though I'm not singing, my voice is still singing silently, and the stress of having to mentally match the high/low pitches might be affecting my voice.

Taking sips of hot water seems to help a little, though.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, then it'd be a psychological assimilation... Like, without doing it on purpose, you imagine yourself in this singer/UTAU/Vocaloid/etc's shoes and as their voiceranges don't fit yours, you feel the apin you would likely have if you were singing it for real =S