Voicebank will not install?

J4ck_Blu3

Momo's Minion
I'm very new to UTAU and how the program works. I was trying to download a voicebank but the program won't recognize it for some reason? I had trouble with another voicebank (The voicebanks in question being multipitch VCV voicebanks) and I was able to install it into the program by dragging and dropping the .zip file into the UTAU program, however with the second voicebank (Mawarine Shuu's voicebank to be specific) would not install even when I tried that. I kept getting an error message that said something along the lines of "This file is not compatible with UTAU automatic installation" even though it was a normal .zip file. Am I doing something wrong or is there something else I should be doing?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Voicebanks compatible with UTAU's automatic installation are specially configured to include installation instructions. Otherwise, you will have to manually unzip the voicebank yourself, then move the folder under the "voice" folder where UTAU is installed.
If you have any problems with admin permissions, you need to move the entire UTAU folder out of Program Files to somewhere else, such as your Documents folder.

J4ck_Blu3

Momo's Minion
That ended up solving my issue, thank you! turns out dragging and dropping the folder out of the .zip file straight into the voice folder didn't work, so I actually had to extract the file directly into the voice folder. Thank you again!