Wanna record English VB for UTAU

Dany Mont

Momo's Minion
Hi, there!
Since i'm on vacations and won't have anything to do in 3 months I decided to record an English VB for UTAU but I'm confused 'cause I don't know what recording method to use, so far I've seen VCCV english method and ARPASING method, I don't know if there are more recording methods but I was wondering if you guys can help to clear up my mind and help me decide, which method you recommend me to use (it could be by easy recording, fastest recording or even by the method that sounds better.

Thank You!!!

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I found Arpasing faster and easier to record than VCCV. There aren't as much ust specifically for arpasing as VCCV yet, but I find it fairly easy to convert an ust from VCCV to Arpasing.
You need to use oremo on either recording method, so you can use the guide bmg feature to make it consistent.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
VCCV is widely regarded as the most "standard" method of recording English for UTAU. It also has a very clear series of video tutorials, so even if it's a daunting task, it's made very understandable.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCplkjUb64gAUePNKBMRvv5sopzYd-77Z

Arpasing is a newer method, so it isn't as widespread yet. While there is less recording (only about 200 samples, compared to 1000), and convenient tools like auto-OTO and a word-to-phoneme plugin, it's still necessary to do a lot of adjustment. You can find out more here.
http://arpasing.neocities.org

There's also other English reclists out there, like Delta's CVVC list (which was made for the Japanese community). Plenty of people have their own experiment projects, such as VCV. If you're really interested in people's work and development, definitely look into it. However, if you're more interested in having a useable English voicebank than experimenting and fine tuning a million things, it'd be simplest just to go "standard" and use VCCV.

Dany Mont

Momo's Minion
Thanks Kiyoteru! I think I'll be giving both VCCV and Arpasimg a try, I just read your thread of Arpasing and saw that I can convert VCCV to Arpasing, so I think I'll be a little busy this days

Reactions: Kiyoteru