What direction do you want to take your UTAU next?

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
For those of you with a voicebank (or more): What are your future plans for your UTAU?

Are you looking to add a language? Record more pitches? Fix that oto? Or add another vocal to your lineup? Or whatever else? Give some insight on where your UTAU is right now, and what direction you want to take it in the future, whether it be a tiny improvement, or your grandiose plan to have your bank take over the world. *insert evil laughter here*

For example:

In the future, I want to give my UTAU Trilli a companion character; I have plans to record another female vocal with one of my best friend's voice, likely in both Japanese and English if time is willing, but English will be prioritized should I not have the time to get that done.

Also, for Trilli I'd like to write more music for her to sing and overall make more content for her, whether that be original songs or covers. I feel like I've been neglecting her in favor of other UTAU.

Should I be motivated enough to find it necessary, I'd like to make a new Japanese bank for her as well.

So where do you guys want to take your voicebanks next?

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
The purpose of the XOTAloids is to sort of "raise awareness" for shonen and young boy characters and helping them find a more positive image, due to many people strangely encouraging the word "shonen" as a stigma. Some may call me stupid for even pursuing such a goal, but their thoughts and opinions really shouldn't shape up the way I do things with my UTAU (and characters as a whole).

I'd also like to make XOTA a collaborative thing but I think I'll be pushing my luck if I do that. So for now, XOTA is a semi-private, semi-public thing.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well...currently my biggest plan for Iris includes completing her Japanese CVVC bank that I'm working on right now.

The bank will come with 3 appends, if not then 2....but I'm seriously determined to do the 3. I haven't updated her Japanese bank in like 3 years I believe. Whereas in that time period I've managed to not only record two English banks for her but make an original song for her lol

After I update her Japanese, I'd like to continue writing a story I've been working on that'll be told through original songs. Iris "voices" one of the main characters so it'll be fun to get back to work on that. Personally, I neglect Iris for my Vocaloids(Luka) instead of other UTAU lol So to be able to work with both again will do me some good.

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
I'm in the process of creating a new male vocal, and updating the other 2. Also finishing otos for the one. I'm a busy bee. I intend to continue making original songs, and I hope to release an EP this year.

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For Mayu/Aphelia, I would like to make banks with different languages such as an English and Spanish bank and create more expressive banks like their recent Dark Energy.
For PRISM and Celestyn, I'd like to finish and release the banks I already have started for them so I can put more focus to Mayu/Aphelia since I sort of see them as novelty banks.
As for Ame, I don't want to take her further since I can not longer get the same tone recording her. So, she's dead (again)

Kuro Cure

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I want to one day make my son Theo at least something comparable to a bank like number bronze :'D
He gets a lot of updates frequently, and a lot of hard work and experimentation goes into making him sound as realistic and diverse as possible ;~;

I'd also like to dabble in Norwegian, Korean, and German voicebanks, if possible

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
I'm planning to work on hanzos new vbs that are based on the seven deadly sins. There's going to be two sets containing different vbs: CARDINAL, and HISTORICAL. The CARDINAL set contains hanzos main banks, whike the HISTORICAL has hanzos optional banks.

CARDINAL (main banks):
  • GREED - 3-pitch singing VCV
  • WRATH - 4-pitch screaming VCV
  • ENVY - 3-pitch youthful VCV
  • GLUTTONY - 4-pitch thick VCV
  • SLOTH - 2-pitch calm VCV
  • LUST - 4-pitch whisper VCV
  • PRIDE - 3-pitch cute VCV
HISTORICAL (optional banks):
  • ACEDIA - 14-pitch powerscale VCV
  • VAINGLORY - 3-pitch English VCCV
So yeah, I'm planning to record these banks once I get marias and Mario's powerscale VCV banks releases, and probably release appends for my twin UTAU.
What about the eighth Deadly sin, Despair?

Reactions: HIRATELIER

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Here are my plans:
Kiseki Noke V3, which will include V3 NORMAL, V3 SWEET EXTRA, V3 STRONG EXTRA, V3 ENGLISH, and V3 KOREAN. The Japanese voicebanks will be CV and the lingual voicebanks will be VCCV.

Reactions: HIRATELIER

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Since I finally revealed my utau's name and design, Mitsuoto Renko, I can now freely talk about her :D

I currently have her Sarcastic VB up for beta testing until I finally think she's at least "ready" (fixed samples/oto, non-problematic add-ons, and full body art). I also want to put up her Earnest VB (weaker and somewhat deeper with a serious and tense tone) for beta testing too maybe when I record some more samples or even a new pitch.

For upcoming VBs, they're going to be called Flaunt, a chest voice and super sassy VB, and Dethroned, a deep/tomboyish harsh-sounding VB. I also want to make a shoujo VB and "straight" VB too but idk what to named them (maybe Dew or Princess for the shoujo one and Lotus for the straight one? idk I have corny naming)

An English VB would be really cool to do someday but oh boy the amount of samples :'D (and no moresampler otoing teh horror) and maybe even a Chinese VB someday too since I've been learning Chinese since nursery even if I'm super horrible at it

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Looking at my to do lists, it seems like I have about four things planned out.

One is Stanior's update, being separate CVVC Japanese and English banks. The english bank has its own reclist, and I plan to make a lot of alternate aliases for the oto for ease of use, so that people won't have to learn another phonetic system.

Another is the Seibetsu series CVVC update. I've already recorded all the voicebanks, it's just a matter of otoing them all, and then hopefully doing a big release...! It would be cool to write some songs, and with the sheer number of characters in the series, one song per voicebank would already constitute a full album.

Then, not so seriously, is a CVVC voicebank for my joke UTAU, Sakurane. Heck, I could probably do that right now, since I already packed away my microphone.

Finally, not specific to an UTAU of mine, is the Esperanto reclist I wrote. I plan to give it a big release with lots of support as well, and two voicebanks (of my two mains, Mita and Dominic).

More generally, I guess Mita and Dominic should get some proper quality voicebanks out there for usage. There's also a lot of experimental stuff I mess around with from time to time, delegated to AWG and WEM3. But I've been putting UTAU development on a back burner for a while, and it's likely to stay there, since overall as a vocalsynther my attention has diverted more towards... you guessed it, Kiyoteru.

But I plan to feature Dominic (and the rest of TS_B ) in an album for FAWM!

taigz

dead
Defender of Defoko
OMG. Lots of plans. Aside from finishing Reiha's CV, I also plan to record a new male voicebank called Nocturne-03 and his sister/genderbend Symphonia-04 (they're separate voicebanks this time).

Also the VCV, appends and the "other language" VBs. ReiRei's Normal VCV, CV KING (Power) Append, VCV SHADOW (Dark) Append, CVVC Filipino, and CVVC English.

As soon as ReiRei's CV is out of Beta stage I'll record Nocturne-03 and Symphonia-04. Even they have a lot of appends.

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I plan on finishing Kaia's base Norwegian bank along with some appends (with desings):love:.
After that I'm gonna work on an English bank for her.
Of course, if a new idea/trend of recording certan types samples appear and I like them, such as vocal fry, I would try to add them in too if I can.

Not too sure if I'm gonna make a spanish or a new japanese bank since I don't think I'll be using them as much. I'd rather prioritize the two I can speak.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Well, I have two finished UTAUs, one of them already released. I have another WIP UTAU too and a person just oferred to voice an UTAU for me, what I gladly accepted :smile:

------------

Well, for my finished one, Mougeki Mero, she is an acoustic guitar VB. I made a quick timpani append thing for her but as I couldnt get an illust for her I cancelled it. I also started a piano append and gave up. I might do an voiced VB for her someday.

--------------

For my finished but unreleased, Ryuko Blair, I plan on giving her a shouting-esque append VB, a whisper one, and a Mature one. Also an English if possible. However the voicer of Blair is not always active and the only time we get to even talk properly is while on her vacations on december. She is japanese but she attends faculty at the USA so it is hard for her ^^'

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Not an answer to the question of where to take mine next, because my UTAUloid does not exist... Yet.

But my goal would be to have as many different modes (for lack of a better word) than many others. This would mean a complete whisper, shout, growl, sweet, falsetto (built-in as the higher pitches?), and whatever speech-like noises I can make. Essentially to see how many different intonations and such in VCV I can stuff it with.

Then do the same but in a CVVC/VCCV/CVVVCVCCCCVCCVCVVCVCVVVVV (I jest bout that last one idek) that was designed to be capable in norwegian.

Essentially, stuff a voicebank with a lot of different appends in VCV, then do the same in one designed for norwegian.

Why? Because I, NordGeit, have a dream. Many dreams.