What do you do when you are feeling down about UTAU...?

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Lately I've been feeling like nobody really likes or cares all that much about my UTAU despite all the work I put towards her and it's making me really sad.. OTL

I've had only a handful of people use her.. I am very grateful for that, but I still wish there were a few more people, I guess? I dunno.
I'm not trying to say my UTAU is the best, because I am well aware that she is very average and have been told so a few times... but I still wish people liked her... idk most people just are like "oh.. um.. she's pretty good i guess..." and then they turn around and say to other people "OMG YOUR UTAU... IT IS SO WONDERFUL AAAAHHH"
I can't help but feel a little sad about that and wonder where I went wrong.

Do any of you guys ever feel this way?

If you do, what to you do when this happens?
Sorry for such a weird thread guys, I was just wondering how to deal with this.
Thanks

You can share your frustrating/sad UTAU stories here if you'd like to vent a little too, just please don't name any names, okay?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Maybe the people who like her are like me? Huge procrastinators. XD I do plan to use her in a project or two, it just might take a century to get to those projects.

But I get your feeling, more with the USTs I've made than my UTAUs (Kaisho seriously needs an update because her accent is atrocious, and Leil and Kimu aren't released yet so I can't whine). I've made a good handful of USTs, some better than others, but the only one people use is Paranoid Doll because the others are from more obscure songs. I wish more people would cover lesser known songs than only popular ones, sigh. It makes people who work hard on those USTs feel a bit unappreciated. I also feel probably too self-righteous - people not using your UTAU, which is a selfish fulfillment, is one thing, but USTs are made for both yourself and for everyone, so seeing the everyone you made it for not use it is disappointing. But ah well, it is what it is.

I basically get over it, but that's because it's all my fault from how inactive I am and how I hide from the community.

Hmm but if I am upset I generally just avoid something, hah. I'm one of those kinds of people. I watch funny videos on YouTube, read some Fanfiction, play some Pokemon, lots of stuff. I have too much procrastination and avoidance ammunition.

I guess in the end rationalize it and get over it? That's what I mostly do, and even if I'm still a bit upset with the state of myself in the UTAU community I know that's just how it is. You're just one person, and there's waaaay too many people and UTAUs in the community these days. Also take comfort that you're not one of the friendless (and sometimes clueless and lost) newbies.

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Okay. :smile:
Thanks.
And also, about your USTs.. I actually have a lot of them downloaded xD I just haven't used them yet. I was actually planning on making a cover of that Lulu Magical Girl song xD

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ahh, I myself sound ungrateful to the community when I say that. Probably lots of people have downloaded them, but just don't cover them. I do that a lot. orz

But cool, I'll look forward to it on SoundCloud. XD
(and pssst please read the video description, there was a lyric error I made)

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Nonono, you didn't sound ungrateful! D: I understand your frustration.

And there is a lyric error? O: Ahhh okay, I'll go check that out~ Thanks for telling me!