What do you listen to when you're not listening to Vocaloid/UTAU Originals?

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
I don't listen to a particular genre, but usually it just happens to be hipstery sounding bs like Radical Face and Regina Spektor, usually if the song has a sort of story feeling to it or is simply well/cleverly written, I like it. So literally anything from old 40's musical numbers to screamo.

But also I secretly listen to rap a lot

ex. The last three things I listened to:

So yeah don't be shy, your taste is probably more refined than mine lel

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
I'll listen to anything that isn't annoying but I prefer metal, alternative rock and rock music mostly. actually I've been weirdly obsessed with visual kei lately please don't hate me I'm not quite sure of my favorite band though.

Cine

Certified paint water drinker.
Defender of Defoko
IDK how I'd define what I like. I listen to alternative, EDM, and anime music
\/\/\/\/Favourite english band\/\/\/\/

I'm using a pad pack video because I listen to a buttload of Touhou music and this also covers a range of genres I like.

Reactions: RaccoonButler
K

Kassandra

various types of metal or rock, mostly, but i do like some hip hop/rap, even older pop music (like from the early 2000's and older, mostly, although there have been a few hits within the last few years that have been pretty great like "dead and gone").

lately i've been listening to this stuff

(this one in particular reminds me of ankoku lol)

Reactions: RaccoonButler

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
If I'm not listening to anything UTAU/Vocaloid (which rarely happens ^^:wink: I'm listening to either:
  • Songs that my friends put in loudspeakers on their phone (what is this electronic gibberish)
  • Songs from foreign languages (Spanish, French, German, etc.) because I like to practice what I've been learning.
Other than that, yea that's pretty much it

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I tend to go into the subreddits for synthwave and shoegaze, but I've got my fair share of pop music. Recently, I've been playing a lot of Love Live...

P

partial

I listen to music from the umineko visual novel games, and alternative/vaporwave stuff (see in love with a ghost and snailshouse)

Last edited by a moderator:

OnegaiKudasai

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Mostly songs from Love Live! I'm kind of a big fan of the series (sadly I wasn't able to attend Aqours' First LV screening here because of school :'D)
Also lately I've been listening to BTS (Spring Day is a really good song imo)

Other than that I listen to whatever I find catchy or nice (like electroswing... Dang I wanna try making songs like that!)

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
My playlist consists of K-pop, J-pop, Spanish songs, metal, video game music, rap, medleys, meme songs, folk, pop from at least 3 different decades... there's no way to simplify it aside from "I have no taste."

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
Most of them are EDMs(Future Bounce, House & Dance) with positive vibes or cool drops
Ex:

I also like to listen other songs in 8D, cause it makes me feel like i'm at live concert :smile:
(I think we should try make covers in 8D, imo it'd be very great!)

Last edited:

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My "core genre" is straight-up Rock & Roll: The Who, ELO & its "derivatives" (The Move, Violinski), RHCP, John Entwistle, John Frusciante, Queen (up to "The Game").

My 2 favorite all-time songs:

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Much akin to the animal of my namesake, I consume a huge variety. And the more stuff my dad throws at me the more my spectrum of music widens. And he throws some quality stuff.

So I'll list off a small part of what I listen to these days

The Friday Night Funkin' OST (free on Newgrounds you guys should check it out, actually check out the entire site and maybe post your original works there to give newgrounders some content)
JEDDI - Heartbeat
Machine Girl may come up
Laugh & Peace and Overflowing Emotions by Laugh & Peace (Vib-Ribbon musix)
Quite honestly what I am willing to listen to and vibe is so wide that you guys are just gonna hope I start creating my own music and then some of you can overanalyze that single note I don't even know the name of to decide whether it's inspired by a genre based off of classical or a genre based off of blues

Reactions: cloudyyskie