What do you use to create videos for nico/youtube?

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory
I've uploaded a few video that were just put together in Windows Movie Maker, but that program a. sucks and b. it's a little difficult to find the program these days (and actually have it work). Maybe that's just me, but I was wondering what other people used. I also wondered how others get their pictures to fit nicely in the youtube/nico format (without stretching/squishing/black bars).

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I ended up using Corel VideoStudio Pro X4. I wanted to use FFmpeg (simple command line video converter), & in theory it should be able to do the job but it appears to have some bugs in converting still images to video. I also tried MediaCoder, which is a GUI interface to several video converting engines, & it appeared that MEncoder worked well but kept wanting to change the aspect ratio of the several pictures I used in my video to fit the video size instead of adding curtains/letterbox (which is what I wanted). I suppose if I edited each picture to the right aspect ratio, then MediaCoder/MEncoder would have done the job.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I use Sony Vegas, and occasionally After Effects when I have access to it for long enough (my school has it). Neither are free.

Movie Maker sucks, but it actually does have settings to make sure it's the correct resolution, you just need to set it to HD720 or whatever. Pretty simple stuff. (If you use Vegas on it's default settings it also adds black bars so yeah basically you just need to learn settings basics)

There's always AviUtl but... Last I checked there was still a lack of good EN tutorials for that.