What do you use to draw your utau?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, I'm a person who really likes traditionals because I have more experience with them, so often I'll draw on paper with inks (Faber-Castel pens), markers (Prismacolor), and pencils ( generic graphite and Prismacolor colored pencils) for ideas, sketches, gifts, commissions, etc. And I don't have much time for digital art, or as much experience or fluidity (I redraw every line so many times), but since digital art is the expectation of the community I do concept arts and other things digitally. The program I use is SAI, and though I have other programs I've never really opened them.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Paint tool SAI. And a mouse. :V I want to get a tablet with my christmas money though, very badly.

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When I attempt to draw, I use my Bamboo tablet and Paint Tool SAI for art.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So many Bamboo tablets. XD I use a cheaper brand, Genius tablets. They're very afforable and work well, the only downside is that unlike the more well known tablets they don't sell pen nibs seperately so if it's weathered down or gets lost you have to buy a whole new pen. which is twenty dollars ugh

I also didn't say that, with art class at least, I'm very fond of chalk pastels, oil pastels, and on rare occassions charcoal and acrylic paints. I might try some UTAU stuff with those mediums sometime.

Ono

Teto's Territory
Two years ago, I used to always draw on paper first and color in Sai.
But now I use the Wacom tablet & pen, sai, and photoshop. I wanna try and get into traditional art like shinami because that's an area that I lack experience in. I want to be able to expand in many things.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Eh, I may have slightly exaggerated, but I'm pretty sure the lower end ones, which are perfeclty fine and fulfill the need of a drawing tablet, are cheaper than Wacom tablets and the like. Well, ones of comparable size. My friend and I paid the same prices for our tablets but mine is bigger than her's in surface area - she got a Bamboo, I a Genius. Here's their website:

http://www.geniustablet.com/index.aspx
They don't really mention prices, and it looks like the tablets have been redesigned since I bought one. Here's a search on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/185-9415412-4025864?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=genius+tablet
Amazon doesn't really show all the tablets, I guess you'll have to dig into the Genius website or Ebay for prices on the others.

Looking around, this is the model I have.
http://www.amazon.com/Genius-MousePen-6-Inch-Graphic-Tablet/dp/B000LEI95I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1356308517&sr=8-5&keywords=genius+tablet
But it's outdated and isn't available new anymore.  The used prices are accurate though, I remember getting it 4-5 years ago for about $70-80 on Christmas.

I dunno, look around at brands, both Wacom and Genius and others, see what's afforable, and MAKE SURE they say it has pressure sensitivity, not all do. And I'd aim for at least a 8x6 working area, smaller than that is uncomfortable in my opinion.

Fyne-Q

Teto's Territory
I use a Genius tablet, too *_* . Actually I have MousePen i608 and I love it <3 . It's not too big, not too small (8x6) and I don't have any problems with is (okay, the pen tip is falling out recently, but it's not a big deal).
I usually make my arts in Paint Tool Sai, but sometimes I use just old MSPaint >3<

As for traditional art [sub]that I don't show often... I should fix it xD[/sub], I use Koh-I-Noor Progresso & Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth Aquarell colored pencils. They have great colors and blend with each other nicely. The latter ones can be wetted and then they act like watercolor paint~

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
I'm using a Speedlink Arcus something and SAI.
When it comes to traditional I'm only drawing with pencils because the coloured pencils I own have horrible colours and aren'T very good to use.
Today (haha, Christmas ='D) I'm getting aquarells so I'll try to do something with it~

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I use to draw them on paper and scan them into photoshop to do the lineart and coloring.Now I just draw in paint tool sai and color in photoshop.

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Trackpad/touchpad on laptop with MS Paint for lineart + GIMP for colouring sometimes.
I cannot draw with a mouse for some reason. And I can only draw properly with certain kinds of trackpads.

orz

I can also draw traditionally, but I lack a scanner or a good camera.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Fyne-Q link said:
I use a Genius tablet, too *_* . Actually I have MousePen i608 and I love it <3 . It's not too big, not too small (8x6) and I don't have any problems with is (okay, the pen tip is falling out recently, but it's not a big deal).

I think that's the new version of my tablet, it sounds exactly the same aside from the name and some slight appearance updates. (I also noticed on my tablet that the website link printed on it is out of date. XD)

One thing I find fun to do on occassion is to draw a good inked lineart on paper, where generally I'm much more comfortable (but more prone to anatomy mistakes that I'll have to fix digitally), then I'll scan it and color/touch it up with Overlay layers and the like. Saves me the pain of digital lineart which is the most horrible thing in the world.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
Despite how I usually only upload digital art, my strongest artistic ability is probably in traditional mediums like watercolor painting and inking OTL (and they're the mediums I use the most). I love the blending of watercolours, they are so easy to use and flexible. My scanner is broke, so that's why I refrain from uploading my traditional things~
But when I'm doing digital art i use a Bamboo Pen with Sai /or Illust studio. My favourite tool in Sai is probably the Marker tool~ When I don't have my tablet on me I draw with a mouse too, but the curve tool takes ages to draw with and i usually get all aosjdoajdo and abuse my mouse.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Let's see. I use a Bamboo Touch (with the touch function off, for future reference it's pretty useless) Medium, and SAI, Fire Alpaca (free) and MyPaint (also free).

If you're looking for a tablet, I've heard Monoprice (which are ridiculously cheap) are pretty good, particularly for the price.

:smile:

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Either my Bamboo tablet paired with SAI, or some nice paper and my Copic Markers. ;D I'm getting some more Copics for Christmas so be prepared for lots of art coming from me! xD

But yeah I still need to do my Ref art and am still working out the kinks of Haruko's outfit. OTL

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well for me, I'm a traditional artist, so I do it all with pencils, technical pencils, and watercolor pencils.
I'm now learning how to color in Photoshop, since digital art tend to catch more attention than traditional (in my opinion though :D )

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Bamboo tablet, Paint tool SAI.  God I love SAI.  My Bamboo's a Create, also... I had a pen & touch before the cable got eaten by a cat.