Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
[size=7pt]/copypasta'd from my topic on the old forum

I'm quite curious to what people use to record. My hypothesis is that everyone uses a USB or plugin microphone, but I'm willing to be proven wrong xD. If you choose other, you're kinda obliged to leave what you use, but anyone else can leave exactly what they use.

I, for one, use the microphone that comes on the headphones with my iPod touch. You have NO IDEA how tedious it is to get the sounds into WAVs orz, but I'm happy with it for the time being.[/size]

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
CAD U1 USB Dynamic mic. Good quality, but tends to work best with TIPS for me which can be a little limiting.

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
From Kii Nane ACT1 to Viai Emine ACT1 I used a Logitech headset until it broke. Since then I've been using a Logitech USB mic, which has been pretty good so far.

zinfandel

Teto's Territory
Supporter
For Kurisu Koorine ver 1 ~ ver 3, Kurisu soft1.b, Sabii Kooine ver1, Fureddo Koorine v1.b and Pizumo Umine they were recorded on a rockband microphone. For future updates and voicebanks we are now using a Blue Yeti Pro.

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I record using the microphone built into my iPod Touch because I don't have a real mic. The quality is pretty good, but it tends to catch air puffs.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Shure PG42-USB.  It's a fabulous little mic~ its technical specs are approximately the same as the famous Yeti.  I especially like plugging my headphones into it and then "hearing into forever" xD seriously you can hear all the acoustics of a room through it...

I also use a super ghetto pop filter made of a piece of armature with a hose sock tied around it.  Oh yeah. 8D

thibaud76200

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I use a Logitech headset. Comparing the quality with my others mics :

Build-in laptop microphone : sounds like I'm feeling bad... xD
Eyetoy microphone : crappy quality.
Labtec headset (used for Tibo Hauku ACT 1) : fine
Logitech headset : better quality, sounds more real ! But we can't hear the ''N''s, I dunno why. I need to shout them xD

irei1as

Teto's Territory
Unbranded jack-in microphone. It's so unbranded I actually got it for free as a pal just drop it when he moved out of town.

Actually the quality isn't that bad.

Raven-Raspera

Momo's Minion
I used a Guitar Hero microphone until I got my Shure PG58 for Christmas. I'm currently having a love-hate relationship with it because the cable it came with doesn't fit a 1/4 inch jack, so I have to use an adaptor thing which I am convinced is the cause for the horrible background noise I keep getting. I'll probably get a condenser mic someday in the far future, but who knows.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I used to use the headset that came with my Rosetta Stone but that's gone....now I use a plugin mic I got back in high school. It was like $10 or so and works better than the headset rofl

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Pfft. I'm so glad you made this thread. Just thinking about my microphone makes me laugh.

My sister and I own a Wii Game called Disney Sing It!. I use the microphone that came bundled with the package. X3

It actually works. 8D

Though sometimes, I use my computer microphone if I want to record a crack voicebank, because the quality from that one is shiiiyyyyeett. It catches the computer's humming!! D:

So, yeah, I use a USB microphone. Logitech. :smile:
My pop filter? I stick a headband into one of those skin-tan socks and hold it in front of my mouth with one hand.

Hey. It works. And I don't have to buy anything.

jellophish

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
A Logitech headset ouo I'm thinking of getting a new one though. I found a much cheaper one at my local Target, plus, this one's beginning to bend and break. Thank Goodness I have money for it at the moment xD I just need to find time to get to a Target store xD

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
moonst4r link said:
I record using the microphone built into my iPod Touch because I don't have a real mic. The quality is pretty good, but it tends to catch air puffs.

Oh gosh, those are really nice results I would've have really considered with an ipod touch. ;;;

--
Logitech headset - When I was going to buy a mic, I considered a usb mic but they were out of my price range and my parents got suspicious to why I even wanted one of any sort. :'DD /cry

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Mine is a USB headset mic. =w= (I voted USB mic to be with the in crowd~)

I seriously have no idea what brand it is - I got it two years ago as a Christmas gift, a $30 mic from Target, and threw away the box. The brand isn't anywhere on the mic either. DX

IT's been fairly good and faithful - background noise can be picked up, but it works well with Noise Removal and isn't stuffy sounding like some professional mics. Though I'm starting to think it's feeling my abuse and I'll need to get a new one for Christmas again, orz.

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
I'm using a Logitech headset and I'm happy with it ^^
But I would really like to have some better mic but their too expensive orz