What is an append?

MoaHarbour

Momo's Minion
Newcomer here...
What is an append? How do I use it?

Also side note, I notice on the voice bank I am using (Deiji Makotone V2) Her profile says-
B3: Sweet, low tone
D4: vivid, clear tone
etc, etc...

I think these are the different types of voices she has, but I'm not quite sure how to use them. Are these appends?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Voicebanks may come with multiple sets of recordings in different vocal tones. For example, there could be soft singing, neutral singing, and powerful singing.

In classic UTAU, you can add a suffix to the note lyrics. The exact suffix will depend on the voicebanks, so check the readme. It could be a letter, a symbol, or a kanji. You can copy and paste it into the note lyrics. You can also select multiple notes then use Tools > built in > suffix broker, and add the same suffix to multiple notes.

In OpenUtau, a voicebank may already have voice colors set up. If there's a character.yaml file in the folder, it's likely to have the settings. In the bottom area, pick the voice color expression. For each note, you can select which color you want to use. This will automatically apply the correct suffix.

MoaHarbour

Momo's Minion
Voicebanks may come with multiple sets of recordings in different vocal tones. For example, there could be soft singing, neutral singing, and powerful singing.

In classic UTAU, you can add a suffix to the note lyrics. The exact suffix will depend on the voicebanks, so check the readme. It could be a letter, a symbol, or a kanji. You can copy and paste it into the note lyrics. You can also select multiple notes then use Tools > built in > suffix broker, and add the same suffix to multiple notes.

In OpenUtau, a voicebank may already have voice colors set up. If there's a character.yaml file in the folder, it's likely to have the settings. In the bottom area, pick the voice color expression. For each note, you can select which color you want to use. This will automatically apply the correct suffix.
TYSM!! This was very helpful!