What is wrong with my UTAU's voice?

MelonChanS

Momo's Minion
So I've been working hard on my first UTAU, and she sings but. She sounds kind of clippy and I believe weird at times? Do I need to re-record lines or am I just not understanding how to make her sound better? I provided a link to what I have with her, But it sounds really bad IMO so please dont judge too hard ><

Avalia-Kasa

probably a potato tbh
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
UTAU can be tricky to get right when you're first starting out, but don't feel discouraged!! it just means you have some more to learn!! owo/

the problem here is most notably the oto, or what sounds like a lack thereof. otos tell the program when the consonant should be uttered, when the vowel should begin, and when the vowel as i like to call "stabilizes." without an oto, the program will register the entire sample as the "stabilized" vowel, meaning depending on the resampler you use it will stretch or loop the entire thing regardless of whether there's silence, consonants or not.

kiyoteru has made a pretty good oto guide here, but the main things to remember is that the green line comes at the beginning of the consonant, the red at the beginning of the vowel, the pink when the note "stabilizes," and to remove the silence in oto so there aren't any pauses during the note used. once you add an oto to your utau, it will begin to sound like proper singing! owo/

MelonChanS

Momo's Minion
UTAU can be tricky to get right when you're first starting out, but don't feel discouraged!! it just means you have some more to learn!! owo/

the problem here is most notably the oto, or what sounds like a lack thereof. otos tell the program when the consonant should be uttered, when the vowel should begin, and when the vowel as i like to call "stabilizes." without an oto, the program will register the entire sample as the "stabilized" vowel, meaning depending on the resampler you use it will stretch or loop the entire thing regardless of whether there's silence, consonants or not.

kiyoteru has made a pretty good oto guide here, but the main things to remember is that the green line comes at the beginning of the consonant, the red at the beginning of the vowel, the pink when the note "stabilizes," and to remove the silence in oto so there aren't any pauses during the note used. once you add an oto to your utau, it will begin to sound like proper singing! owo/

Thank you so much! Im working on OTOing her up right now. Is there anything else you think I should know as a beginning UTAU user?

tetodash

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yeah it seems like it’s the OTO just isn’t done right. There’s lots of people on here that could help you out. There’s also people on here that you can commission to do it for you, often times for cheap or for free. Just ask around or make a thread about it.

MelonChanS

Momo's Minion
I do CV OTO commissions, and I'd be willing to do it for free!

Are you really sure? If you are, just give me some instructions on what to do/how to send it to you and I'll get to it.
Thought be warned that it might just be unfixable, I may need to actually re-record lines but Im not sure ;;

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I'm the author of the guide that avalia sent you. If you would prefer to have someone use the method outlined in that guide, I offer my services here: https://utaforum.net/threads/services-for-newbies.8918/
You will also receive additional feedback on how to improve your voicebank, such as pronunciation, FRQs, and other notes.

I also recommend that, when you're ready to distribute the voicebank to the public, create a clear and understandable terms of use. Here's a website I made where you can easily generate one: http://tubs.moe/misc/vbtougen.html