What's the funniest thing that happened to you using UTAU?

Weazer

Momo's Minion
I don't remember which song it was, but when I was making Keiko sing a song, in some parts where there was the "i" note, it sounded like she was hiccuping. xD

The N flag always provides some lulz as well.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The VB 'extras' and 'hidden' not-phonemes that are included in Otakune ExtenZed.

Its basically select pieces of the blooper reel in the recording booth. All kinds of shenanigans, from excerpts of conversations, lame impressions, and joke interjections from either the mic-test, or when we got sidetracked in between.

Recording an UTAU with a friend is fun. Plus also helps to have another ear to tell you when you need to re-try something.

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
It's deja vu that your username is System_Error.
When I added breaths to my utau and the UTAU-SYNTH shuts down insantly.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I always think it's hilarious when USTs don't have MOD0 set & I forget to put it, so UTAUs that sing sOOoUnNnnnDD LIiIkEeE ttHiIsS.

Also, when I'm using a super manry UTAU/super shoujo UTAU & I forget to move the octave and/or remove gender flags.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
The time I was derping around with vibrato, noticed it sort of sounded like my UTAU was upset, and I made, like, a three-minute long reel of Sakura wailing. XD

ScuroKun

Teto's Territory
Once I recorded a new voicebank for my UTAU, and somehow, the .frq's or samples got messed up and now there are random sounds in the utau's voicebank that sound like they have g99 put on them so whenever I play the song there would be some high sounds and these really low ones. Idk somehow I found this humorous xD;

Kero

Momo's Minion
The funniest thing that happened to me was definitely Nagare's voicebank showing off the princess aspect of his personality. He totally kept interrupting Teto, Suterusu, and a couple of other female UTAU that I was trying to use; his voice would just come up on certain notes and it was hysterical. XDD (It should be noted that Sut held herself up pretty well; she actually worked after a couple times of hitting the play button. All the others just cut out and didn't work until I restarted UTAU, lol ;; )

Also, the day I discovered the W flag. oh that was a good day xD

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
I think I made Soshiki wail, sound dizzy, and confused for 5 minutes.
It was fun.

I also recorded my recorder.
It sounds pretty good.
Especially with vibratos. Screaming can be done pretty well with a recorder.

Uchi

Teto's Territory
Pff.
This.

Helllooo, tn_fnds006.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/nancy-zhang/lulz-ahahahaha[/soundcloud]

redwolf21

Teto's Territory
I was sitting in the living room with my family while they were playing games on the TV.  They already know a little bit about UTAU, so when I found that I was missing a sound for my voicebank, they  knew that they needed to be quiet so that I could record it.
However.. they decided that they wanted to irritate me.
I pressed record on Audacity, waited for quiet, and then said the note.  And out of no where, my dad decides to make a wookie sound. And then the rest of my family decides to join him.  It took me 20 minutes to record that sample =w=

Reactions: Laufius

Gabinstuff

Teto's Territory
My sister walked in while I was trying to record and started watching Curious George. She turned the volume all the way up while I was recording and when I played them back, I heard monkey noises

CarrotSalad

Momo's Minion
I was making a cover of Trick and Treat, but when I imported the vocals I heard some strange scary sound. I deleted it and generated another wav. It was normal again. I was scared at first but then I found it ironic.

Asuka

Teto's Territory
I'm not sure if this would be counted as "funny" because it was one of the most frightening thing I had to experience while using UTAU, but I've been an UTAU user since December 28th of 2009. My friend donated her voice for my UTAU, and I was a complete noob back then; didn't have Japanese Locale nor the English patch so everything was in gibberish.

Well anyway, around February or March, just a few months after I created her, I made her sing Double Lariat. But my computer crashed and shut down while it was rendering. When I booted my computer and tried to get her to sing another song, it kept playing Double Lariat =A=

And it never stopped playing Double Lariat. All she would sing was Double Lariat. In any .ust.
That was horrible xD

Borginia

Teto's Territory
Oh well, once a time where i was a noob...

I remind as i used once (p2)(p3) on ritsu vcv and the whole vocals sounded like crashing and exploding sounds.

... i think those sounds sounded really like ritsu's bomb boobs.

theLooneyLibrarian

Teto's Territory
Did you ever try to find out what happens if you replace on UTAUs frq files with another's? Well, I did. I imagine that's what microwaving a squirrel sounds like.

Reactions: Laufius