What's the funniest thing that happened to you using UTAU?

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
A few days after getting UTAU-Synth translated, I finally found out what half of the boxes in the Note Properties window meant. And thus, using consonant speed and MOD200, I made Crevan sound drunk as all hell.

Aline

Teto's Territory
Purposefully speaking, when more experienced users like Myst, Aisu and Sky informed me about the existence of X99 and W flags. It was glorious.

Accidentally speaking, I always crack up when an UTAU goes to a completely wrong resampler (like CRINA on m4 or Nami and Colt on EFB-PB, to cite three clear examples) and then they sound like Satan's spawn while having an orgasm. It's really, really hillarious.

Remember me to never render CRINA on m4 anymore. EVER. *Nervous giggle*

Galuxius

Momo's Minion
Not that funny, but when I was recording my first ever VB, i was using a PC mic =.= and It had parts of my parent's conversation in the recording. New mic all the way!

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When I was a noob *flashback 10 vbs ago*

I didn't know how to oto so i followed a VERY BAD tutorial and spent over 4 hours editing/hortening wav files to find out how to oto the next day...

i was pissed...

thibaud76200

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
When I started to use UTAU, I tried to make my (creepy oto-ed) UTAU sings World Is Mine.
> The VB had a french accent on the "r"s and the "u"s
> The Modulation thing haven't been set to 0

It was beautiful. =u=

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This isn't really funny to me and it still happens to me on occasion, but...Idk what it is, but whenever I put anything into the modulation box in UTAU and play it back, the computer belches out and EXTREMELY LOUD and high pitched beeping sound on the selected note. As a result, I nearly have a heart attack and die, every time. It also hurts my ears. TT TT

It does this for every voicebank I have, but only on certain samples...which seems to be most of them. It took me forever to even figure out what caused the noise, but once I figured it out, I made sure from then on, to always clear modulation before doing anything with the UST. I don't know how else to avoid it. I'm a noob.

What is kinda funny though, is how TIPS glitches certain samples and makes them sound like a demon. Just kind of sucks how I can't use that resampler half of the time, because of that.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, let's recall....

When I accidentally derped with Vocalshifter (I wasn't on-time so sync was horrible x_x"' )  and applied it to vocals... I'll use this fail later in a video for humoristic purposes ~

And once I was trying a stuff and the UTAU I used made a sound that was quite.... special

Jpegurl

Teto's Territory
Once I used a super girly high pitched voice in UTAU,  than switched to a different UST using a guy with a deep voice. For some reason I still can't understand, when it started playing, it was the girly voice singing the song I had used her in.

Another time, I was recording under a blanket and my mom who knows absolutely nothing about UTAU walked in. A very awkward conversation followed.

Rai

Teto's Territory
Jpegurl link said:
Once I used a super girly high pitched voice in UTAU,  than switched to a different UST using a guy with a deep voice. For some reason I still can't understand, when it started playing, it was the girly voice singing the song I had used her in.

Didn't clear your cache XD

Reactions: Lorreine Geralde

Jpegurl

Teto's Territory
Rai link said:
[quote author=Jpegurl link=topic=2341.msg24047#msg24047 date=1346622910]

Didn't clear your cache XD
[/quote]

Oh, is that what is was? Well, it was still pretty funny xD

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Well, my funniest moment #1 is when I was so stupid and was recording for the very first time, I recorded all my phonemes just fine, then I thought that each UTAU's oto and $read and character files were all the same, so I copied and pasted Tei's in his CV VB folder. I used the voicebank aliaser to alias the hiragana as romaji.  Well if anyone has used the hiragana to romaji aliaser, you know there are a few mislabeled phonemes. I made my UTAU sing Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder, and he sounded like "uuuaaaoooaauuuaawooaaa" the entire song! So his consonants were cut off, and the sounds he sang were also wrong.
Now I realize the importance of making an oto for each individual UTAU XD

SilverDawnArrow

Momo's Minion
I redid some voice samples without redoing the .frq files. Needless to say I got a bit of a shock. (It sounded like Peri was possesed)
I also released Peri with English sounding R sounds. She sound really bad in songs with "Lalala" bits.

Masa

Teto's Territory
When I forget to oto a certain VCV string and have my male UTAU sing a serious song, then suddenly out of nowhere comes a manry "NYAAAA~"

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This. :tongue: I don't remember what it sounded like (or if I even tried to play it... I might have been too scared).

howthehelldidthatpitchbendhappen_zps09a99f2a.png

AlphaUtau

Teto's Territory
I saved once accidentally a sneeze as a sample. It was named under 'nya' and yeah. When I tried to cover nyanyanya, it sounded really weird. It took very long before I realised I uploaded the wrong file >.<
But whatever, that happend very, very long time ago xD

amaterasu miya

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The first ever voice bank I recorded, it didnt sing a anything at all, instead, my poor Utau was having a choking fit!

bludgeon

Momo's Minion
A few minutes ago, my first time ever using Utau, I have no idea how to use it, and I loaded my cousins voice bank, and put the lyrics at different pitches, not realising how high pitched I had put them at, and played it, my ears were almost bleeding!

Hika421

Teto's Territory
Me rendering UTAU that sound best around the 3rd octave, around the fourth on accident is always a hoot. :wink: