What's your UTAU's lore?

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello, I'm hungry for OC lore. Do you have stories of your UTAUs?
Here's Usagi's!

The Beginning

USAGI was a small sketch on someone's paper when developing a new android pop idol. She was only a small sketch, that it was ignored 20 times during pitch meeting! When she was finally accepted as a project, they began to develop an Android idol. The music company is named 539 Production! (Usagi production!).

The Beginning of Development

After the sketch was accepted and greenlit, they began seeking voice providers. When they found one named Anne. She was given a reclist to record and they began recording for USAGI. When she completed all voices and banks, they began developing her voice. The creator took pictures for memories!

The Disaster

As they were developing USAGI, disaster struck! A devastating virus that's undefeatable! They lost half the files of USAGI that they couldn't remake or get back! They lost their progress! Fortunately, they were able to get back on track. Though, USAGI will suffer the consequences of the virus, causing her to easily break down, glitch, no emotions, barely any expressions without meaning, loss of education memories, database issues. She is useable, able to sing, and dance. This has made the company lose money and progress.

The Start of Her Career

When she is finished and completed, they began to install singing, and dancing files. She sang many songs, had many concerts. She is successful and made the company money! She was given a partner and caretaker, Nezumi! She is the same as USAGI, but more improved. They sang together, they dance together, they have activities together! They're dubbed, "Sisters of Music!" Even though she had issues at the start, viruses, and lost so many files. Many people loved her, and have support.

The End
The company struck bankruptcy. There was no money to continue to support USAGI, no concert, promotion or merch deals. Thus, the end of 539 Productions. Everyone packed, everyone cried, there was no way to continue the project. Project Rabbit is discontinued, and put away. Until someone buys her rights, it is... The end of USAGI.

A Miracle.
Finally... A miracle happened! Someone offered to buy USAGI to continue her legacy. The company is MusicHolic. They made brand deals, concerts in high quality, they made more voicebanks in names of rabbit breeds. USAGI, is finally alive again, finally supported. She became the biggest idol competing real singers!

--
USAGI's New Cafe!
One day she was walking with shopping bags in her hands. She stopped and looked at this empty building for lease. "Oh I wonder what this is?" She said. She looked through the window squishing her face, she saw tables and chairs, counters and old drink dispensers. "Oh! It's an old restaurant!" She realized her dream finally have an opportunity! A bunny restaurant! She finally have enough money! She ran home and quickly picked up the phone, "Hello sir, I would like to buy your old restaurant!" She said. "Sure we'll have a meeting with our lawyers and sign some papers work!" He said. She hung up and jump into the bed and screamed so happily! "I finally get a restaurant of my own!! I'm so excited!" When the day finally comes, she sets up the restaurant with bunny chairs, tables, silverwares, and plates. "Perfect!" She exclaimed! She flips the sign to "open" and business is just getting started!

--
USAGI's caretaker is Dominic. Fun fact! Usagi can eat food, but then it would messed up her system in gears and everything so you'd have to take her apart and clean her.

Her eyes turn pink when she's ready to sing! She has a bunny speaker on her bottom as a bunny tail, and you'll also hear her via bunnyphones!

USAGI likes to put magnet on her head to feel statics.

When playing with a piano, Usagi sits on the bench, stare at notes for 1 hour then play. She takes forever to process. She has low memory.

USAGI has 512 MB of RAM and 500mHz processor

Reactions: Kiyoteru

neettuki

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ohh Usagi have such an interesting story development, I'm intrigue.

My utaus are basically based of a Neet, a listless Idol wanna be and a very snappy child

The Neet, Neettsuki, is a 22 year old guy ended up applying work at the local bookstore because he is infatuated with one of the clerk. He ended up working in a host bar where he dress femininely because he is blacklisted from normal jobs due to wrongly accused of inappropriate behavior at work. He was framed to hurt the clerk he was infatuated with.

The listless Idol, Q, 19 years old, is an heir of a big corporation but she always wanted to be an Idol so she auditioned in every Idol audition. She was deemed to unenthusiastic so she got rejected. She ended up joining Lazy Dog, a new comer talent agency alongside Neettsuki. But she barely made a debut because she has a lot to improve for the mean time. She has an orange cat named Mikan.

The snappy child, SAIKO, is a 12 year old boy who were bullied in his school days. His mom left him knowing his son is not what she wants him to be. So he went and search for her but ended up being found by Neettsuki, sleeping in front of the store Neettsuki was working in. But several months later the social worker took him and plans to put him for adoption, hoping for him to find a good, loving home. He used to help the boss at Lazy Dog with preparing meals when Neettsuki left him for work.

I almost forgot about Neettsuki's local voicebank Derivative, he is called Bambank. He is simply a farmer, and he is a heavy smoker.

I think thats all, here's them in one picture, illustrated by rosluechie
de9og38-ec6ee046-ff34-4ff1-a025-effcedea8e32.png

here is Bambank, also illustrated by rosluechie
de9ogb7-96d03d79-9ec1-407f-9355-0ffa4c57a988.png

Last edited:

melobuniiP

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ohh Usagi have such an interesting story development, I'm intrigue.

My UTAU are basically based of a Neet, a listless Idol wanna be and a very snappy child

The Neet, Neettsuki, is a 22 year old guy ended up applying work at the local bookstore because he is infatuated with one of the clerk. He ended up working in a host bar where he dress femininely because he is blacklisted from normal jobs due to wrongly accused of inappropriate behavior at work. He was framed to hurt the clerk he was infatuated with.

The listless Idol, Q, 19 years old, is an heir of a big corporation but she always wanted to be an Idol so she auditioned in every Idol audition. She was deemed to unenthusiastic so she got rejected. She ended up joining Lazy Dog, a new comer talent agency alongside Neettsuki. But she barely made a debut because she has a lot to improve for the mean time. She has an orange cat named Mikan.

The snappy child, SAIKO, is a 12 year old boy who were bullied in his school days. His mom left him knowing his son is not what she wants him to be. So he went and search for her but ended up being found by Neettsuki, sleeping in front of the store Neettsuki was working in. But several months later the social worker took him and plans to put him for adoption, hoping for him to find a good, loving home. He used to help the boss at Lazy Dog with preparing meals when Neettsuki left him for work.

I almost forgot about Neettsuki's local voicebank Derivative, he is called Bambank. He is simply a farmer, and he is a heavy smoker.

I think thats all, here's them in one picture, illustrated by rosluechie
de9og38-ec6ee046-ff34-4ff1-a025-effcedea8e32.png

here is Bambank, also illustrated by rosluechie
de9ogb7-96d03d79-9ec1-407f-9355-0ffa4c57a988.png
I really like this story!!!! Fabulous story, fabulous!!!!!! :love:

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
AIGHT LETS DUMP ALL THE INFO I HAVE FOR SORA

So his lore starts before he was born even, duh. Sora's father - Eito - is a japanese buisiness man, his mother - Miyeon - is a korean middle class woman. Her uncle was a buisiness partner of Sora's father's dad, who owned their company at the time, so they arranged a marriage between Eito and Miyeon. While she didn't love him, her parents wanted a better life for her, so she moved to Japan to live on him. 1 Year forward and Sora is born. Miyeon and Sora are very very close, he loves his mother dearly. Even though she is a stay at home mom, Eito hires nannies to help Miyeon with everything in the house, buuut she insisted on doing everything herself, being used to that and all. As sora grows older she uses the time to bond with him, so Sora develops a liking for cooking.

Though at the same time, Sora also started to notice just how bad Eito treated both Sora and Miyeon and developed a lot of contempt for him. He would frequently call him old man and insult him in korean - something Eito despised, as Miyeon hat taught sora to speak Korean before Japanese, against Eito's will. By the time Sora enters elementary school, he's sent to international school as he has learned english already, where he meets his best friend Chanchai. At the same time, his younger brother Kenta is born - and Sora skips school to help his mom take care of him because he doesn't trust the nannies, he thinks they're "Spies" for his dad, who wants to mold Kenta into the perfect heir, since he's given up on Sora - to no avail, since Sora makes his little brother into Sora, but baby sized. The relationship between Sora and Eito doesn't get any better, and Sora gets more aggressive by the day, until he eventually breaks Eito's nose. So on Miyeon's accord, they take him to a child psychologist and in order to get Sora's aggressions out, he starts playing the drums. As another few years passed, 13 year old Sora asks his mom why she doesn't just leave his dad, to which she responds that the 3 of them would end up way too poor. However, Miyeon's older sister Mina - who was disowned by the family - owns a music store, and since they are on good terms Sora suggests working with her to have some money. Plus, Sora adds he'd work too, he'd stop going to school to work full time to help her. She agrees, but makes sora take a compromise - she wants him to have a good future and be a good role model for Kenta, so she'll only leave their father if Sora stays in school, but he can work part-time.

So, fast forward a few weeks and after talking to her sister, Miyeon files for divorce - thereby getting disowned by her family as well. Eito insists on keeping Kenta and raising him as his heir - resulting in another broken nose by Sora, and Sora's first arrest. Kenta himself decides to stay with his mom though, and Eito has zero contact to sora afterwards, however he does see Kenta, since someone has to take over the company one day. As they now move into a way smaller appartment, Sora uses every opportunity to financially support his mother and brother, joining the school's baseball club in hopes of getting a scholarship and taking various part-time jobs.

As the years pass, Sora eventually becomes a delinquent at school, but one with a heart of gold. (Obviously not at international school anymore though, with the lack of money.) Using Kenta's help, Sora sometimes sells stuff that wouldn't be missed from the company to give the money to his mom, and he'd always look out for victims of bullying. By the time he's 18 he works part time at his aunt's music store, where he eventually meets and befriends KYE, and forms a band with him and 3 other people: SADS, of which he is the drummer.

I have more lore planned, but not written down yet.

melobuniiP

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
AIGHT LETS DUMP ALL THE INFO I HAVE FOR SORA

So his lore starts before he was born even, duh. Sora's father - Eito - is a japanese buisiness man, his mother - Miyeon - is a korean middle class woman. Her uncle was a buisiness partner of Sora's father's dad, who owned their company at the time, so they arranged a marriage between Eito and Miyeon. While she didn't love him, her parents wanted a better life for her, so she moved to Japan to live on him. 1 Year forward and Sora is born. Miyeon and Sora are very very close, he loves his mother dearly. Even though she is a stay at home mom, Eito hires nannies to help Miyeon with everything in the house, buuut she insisted on doing everything herself, being used to that and all. As sora grows older she uses the time to bond with him, so Sora develops a liking for cooking.

Though at the same time, Sora also started to notice just how bad Eito treated both Sora and Miyeon and developed a lot of contempt for him. He would frequently call him old man and insult him in korean - something Eito despised, as Miyeon hat taught sora to speak Korean before Japanese, against Eito's will. By the time Sora enters elementary school, he's sent to international school as he has learned english already, where he meets his best friend Chanchai. At the same time, his younger brother Kenta is born - and Sora skips school to help his mom take care of him because he doesn't trust the nannies, he thinks they're "Spies" for his dad, who wants to mold Kenta into the perfect heir, since he's given up on Sora - to no avail, since Sora makes his little brother into Sora, but baby sized. The relationship between Sora and Eito doesn't get any better, and Sora gets more aggressive by the day, until he eventually breaks Eito's nose. So on Miyeon's accord, they take him to a child psychologist and in order to get Sora's aggressions out, he starts playing the drums. As another few years passed, 13 year old Sora asks his mom why she doesn't just leave his dad, to which she responds that the 3 of them would end up way too poor. However, Miyeon's older sister Mina - who was disowned by the family - owns a music store, and since they are on good terms Sora suggests working with her to have some money. Plus, Sora adds he'd work too, he'd stop going to school to work full time to help her. She agrees, but makes sora take a compromise - she wants him to have a good future and be a good role model for Kenta, so she'll only leave their father if Sora stays in school, but he can work part-time.

So, fast forward a few weeks and after talking to her sister, Miyeon files for divorce - thereby getting disowned by her family as well. Eito insists on keeping Kenta and raising him as his heir - resulting in another broken nose by Sora, and Sora's first arrest. Kenta himself decides to stay with his mom though, and Eito has zero contact to sora afterwards, however he does see Kenta, since someone has to take over the company one day. As they now move into a way smaller appartment, Sora uses every opportunity to financially support his mother and brother, joining the school's baseball club in hopes of getting a scholarship and taking various part-time jobs.

As the years pass, Sora eventually becomes a delinquent at school, but one with a heart of gold. (Obviously not at international school anymore though, with the lack of money.) Using Kenta's help, Sora sometimes sells stuff that wouldn't be missed from the company to give the money to his mom, and he'd always look out for victims of bullying. By the time he's 18 he works part time at his aunt's music store, where he eventually meets and befriends KYE, and forms a band with him and 3 other people: SADS, of which he is the drummer.

I have more lore planned, but not written down yet.
WOAH! THIS IS A BIG STORY!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!

Reactions: Sors and Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I love this thread! I'd love to hear more about everyone's characters. It's honestly one of my favorite parts about UTAU. I feel a little disappointed whenever an UTAU is left as "up to interpretation" because it tends to have the opposite of the intended effect. Creators will be more inclined to make something if there's something to inspire them than if it's a complete blank slate. So that said, I'll introduce my own!

Dominic Schoepfer

Dominic is my main UTAU and as such, he's received the most characterization.

Dominic is Filipino and grew up in the Philippines. When he was younger, he was part of the Santos family and his nickname was Nick. His younger sister Mita still calls him Kuya Nicky. He dropped out of high school and ran away from home to pursue a magitech apprenticeship under a senior technomage named Daniel Schöpfer. Although Daniel was originally from Quebec, he moved to Louisiana after it was destroyed. He was the first person to call Dominic "Dom" instead and that nickname stuck ever since. Dom was so grateful for the guidance from his mentor that he changed his surname from Santos to Schoepfer. He was able to expand on the electronics knowledge he picked up from his DIY/robotics hobby during high school, as well as learn the fundamentals of magic and how they apply to technology. One of the skills he developed was the ability to sense and manipulate electromagentism. (He sometimes feels a really faint pull in the background, but that's just the earth's magnetic north pole.)

After the apprenticeship, Dominic moved from Louisiana to Latvia. He shared a house with his friends/bandmates of the band Time Space and Bass (TS_B ). He picked up the bass guitar and experimented with analogue and modular synthesizers, playing electronic pop rock with the band. He came to realize that he was bisexual and dated the drummer, Velveteen. During the time, he also had an online business building custom magic wands and staves. The primary element of these is a crystal for concentrating/amplifying the magic of the user, but many other useful modern features were packed in as well. Dominic's own staff uses a red quartz crystal (because ruby is too expensive and quartz wands are a bit of a meme among technomages) and it includes a magic meter to measure how much energy he has left for casting spells, USB ports, and a built-in battery pack for powering small electronics. One of his customers was Sakurane Rina.

Dominic's relationship with his boyfriend and bandmates gradually came apart. He moved to Japan and joined a magic guild called Overclocked Wizards. It was, in fact, not a guild, but a tech startup hiring one (1) mage to work on all of their plans. Dom loved working on magitech projects, so he was willing to work himself to the bone and lose sleep for them. While in Japan, he happened to meet up with Sakurane, and had a brief relationship with her. Inevitably, work wore him out, and he turned to music again as an outlet for frustrations. He became interested in more aggressive styles, learned how to scream, and now plays bass in the metalcore band Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS). Via the band he became acquainted with the rhythm guitarist Flint and started dating him.

Unfortunately, one of the wands that Dominic built during his commission days had a fatal flaw, and exploded. Although it didn't injure the user severely, the incident was reported. Dom still wasn't a certified enchanted electronics engineer, so that combined with selling products that endangered people were deciding factors. He was arrested by magical girls and had his eyes cursed bright red, marking him as a magic criminal and estranging him from the rest of the magic community. He is no longer able to pursue certification, cannot join any official guilds, is banned from attending conventions/expositions, and generally faces difficulty interacting with any other mages whether in person or online. This doesn't really stop him from doing anything non-magical, or becoming involved with the magical underworld, but it still caused him a lot of grief.

Mita Souzou
Mita Souzou is Dominic's younger sister. Like him, her name used to be Mita Santos, but after discovering that he changed his name, she changed her own to Souzou. She is also a mage, specializing in writing rather than technology. Her wand doubles as a pen with infinite ink. She assisted Dom in his plan to run away and start a new life by casting a very powerful spell to erase all documents relating to him. The effects of the spell only last about 1 year before the words/pictures begin to fade back into view, so it has to be recast every year. For some reason, the spell also resets her mind and body over the past year, resulting in her staying eternally 12 years old. She keeps detailed records of her life in a journal and uses that to hold onto her lost memories. Her parents kinda got tired of looking after her, so she's a boarding student at St. Defoko's School of UTAU, who don't mind taking care of an eternal 12 year old.

Sakurane Rina
Sakurane used to be part of the Nanaoto group of joke banks, but has since developed into more of a serious character. Her name was spelled 桜音七音 (Sakurane Nanaoto) with Sakurane as her given name and Nanaoto as her family name. Her real name is 桜根りな (Sakurane Rina) with Sakurane as her family name and Rina as her given name. Despite that, she's still referred to as Sakurane.

As a teenager, Sakurane was a magical girl in training. She was only really interested in the flashy magic and the combat aspects, and never did much to refine her magical skills or consider how she was meant to help the community. She accidentally turned a random innocent man into a sword once, but instead of looking for help, she decided to keep him around and abuse him. She was convicted of magic crime, had the sclera of her eyes cursed due to the greater severity of her actions, and expelled from the magical girl training program. Despite that, she continued to buy magical girl transformation serum from witches on the black market, commissioned a custom wand online with a mechanism that would inject it, and continued to do whatever she wanted.

Dominic, the creator of Sakurane's wand, ended up moving to Japan and they somehow met up in person. They had a pretty turbulent relationship with each other for a while. When Dominic was arrested and cursed, most of Dom's friends assumed that Sakurane kidnapped him. She was actually trying to take care of him and help him recover while the blindness wore off. He wasn't particularly grateful for the support, but that probably had something to do with Sakurane aggressively trying to get him involved in the magic underworld while he was still coping with losing the legitimate magic community he loved.

Sakurane now works as a security guard for the Overclocked Wizards workshop. Ironically, after Dominic started dating Flint, the relationship between Sakurane and Dominic improved. They've developed more trust as Dominic gradually dipped his toes in the magic black market and Sakurane kept the secrets inside the workshop safely hidden.

Acorelu
Acorelu had a lot of trouble socializing with people growing up and was frequently bullied. Xe became more and more anxious to the point of withdrawing completely, becoming a hikikomori. Xe ended up developing a lot of proficiency in programming, and frequently contributes to open source projects, especially in the realm of magic software. Xe strongly believes that software should always be free and open source, so despite being highly skilled, xe absolutely refuses to lock anything behind paywall to create a source of income. Xe accepts donations, which usually aren't enough to live on, so Bex usually has to take care of xem.

Bexokaj
Bexokaj is a distant relative of Acorelu, something like second-cousin-once-removed or whatever. He's pretty mischievous and is frequently a nuisance. He has a hoverboard that allows him to skate pretty much anywhere in any direction and orientation, with one of his favorite tricks being to go straight up the side of a building just outside the reach of anyone yelling at him. He has a single soft spot for Aco, and would do anything for xem. He signed up to become a guardian angel, which involved having a chip embedded in the back of his neck and adhering to their strict regulations and training regime. After feeling suffocated by the system, realizing that he was nothing but fodder in a panicked attempt to address the guardian angel shortage, and finding out that there was hardly any chance for him to see Acorelu again, he decided to call it quits. He dug the chip out of his neck using a knife, managed to survive, and has been lying under the angel radar ever since. He works several part time jobs and frequently visits Aco with groceries.

Mutorcs(ne Nanaoto)
Mutorcs is also part of the Nanaoto group.. He's an anthro tanuki (you could call him a furloid, but I don't have any affiliation with the furry community). He's the mascot for the Nanaoto 24/7 Convenience Store.

Kokaine Nanaoto
Kokaine is another Nanaoto. They're a bit crazy and virtually never sleep.

Reactions: melobuniiP

melobuniiP

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I love this thread! I'd love to hear more about everyone's characters. It's honestly one of my favorite parts about UTAU. I feel a little disappointed whenever an UTAU is left as "up to interpretation" because it tends to have the opposite of the intended effect. Creators will be more inclined to make something if there's something to inspire them than if it's a complete blank slate. So that said, I'll introduce my own!

Dominic Schoepfer

Dominic is my main UTAU and as such, he's received the most characterization.

Dominic is Filipino and grew up in the Philippines. When he was younger, he was part of the Santos family and his nickname was Nick. His younger sister Mita still calls him Kuya Nicky. He dropped out of high school and ran away from home to pursue a magitech apprenticeship under a senior technomage named Daniel Schöpfer. Although Daniel was originally from Quebec, he moved to Louisiana after it was destroyed. He was the first person to call Dominic "Dom" instead and that nickname stuck ever since. Dom was so grateful for the guidance from his mentor that he changed his surname from Santos to Schoepfer. He was able to expand on the electronics knowledge he picked up from his DIY/robotics hobby during high school, as well as learn the fundamentals of magic and how they apply to technology. One of the skills he developed was the ability to sense and manipulate electromagentism. (He sometimes feels a really faint pull in the background, but that's just the earth's magnetic north pole.)

After the apprenticeship, Dominic moved from Louisiana to Latvia. He shared a house with his friends/bandmates of the band Time Space and Bass (TS_B ). He picked up the bass guitar and experimented with analogue and modular synthesizers, playing electronic pop rock with the band. He came to realize that he was bisexual and dated the drummer, Velveteen. During the time, he also had an online business building custom magic wands and staves. The primary element of these is a crystal for concentrating/amplifying the magic of the user, but many other useful modern features were packed in as well. Dominic's own staff uses a red quartz crystal (because ruby is too expensive and quartz wands are a bit of a meme among technomages) and it includes a magic meter to measure how much energy he has left for casting spells, USB ports, and a built-in battery pack for powering small electronics. One of his customers was Sakurane Rina.

Dominic's relationship with his boyfriend and bandmates gradually came apart. He moved to Japan and joined a magic guild called Overclocked Wizards. It was, in fact, not a guild, but a tech startup hiring one (1) mage to work on all of their plans. Dom loved working on magitech projects, so he was willing to work himself to the bone and lose sleep for them. While in Japan, he happened to meet up with Sakurane, and had a brief relationship with her. Inevitably, work wore him out, and he turned to music again as an outlet for frustrations. He became interested in more aggressive styles, learned how to scream, and now plays bass in the metalcore band Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS). Via the band he became acquainted with the rhythm guitarist Flint and started dating him.

Unfortunately, one of the wands that Dominic built during his commission days had a fatal flaw, and exploded. Although it didn't injure the user severely, the incident was reported. Dom still wasn't a certified enchanted electronics engineer, so that combined with selling products that endangered people were deciding factors. He was arrested by magical girls and had his eyes cursed bright red, marking him as a magic criminal and estranging him from the rest of the magic community. He is no longer able to pursue certification, cannot join any official guilds, is banned from attending conventions/expositions, and generally faces difficulty interacting with any other mages whether in person or online. This doesn't really stop him from doing anything non-magical, or becoming involved with the magical underworld, but it still caused him a lot of grief.

Mita Souzou
Mita Souzou is Dominic's younger sister. Like him, her name used to be Mita Santos, but after discovering that he changed his name, she changed her own to Souzou. She is also a mage, specializing in writing rather than technology. Her wand doubles as a pen with infinite ink. She assisted Dom in his plan to run away and start a new life by casting a very powerful spell to erase all documents relating to him. The effects of the spell only last about 1 year before the words/pictures begin to fade back into view, so it has to be recast every year. For some reason, the spell also resets her mind and body over the past year, resulting in her staying eternally 12 years old. She keeps detailed records of her life in a journal and uses that to hold onto her lost memories. Her parents kinda got tired of looking after her, so she's a boarding student at St. Defoko's School of UTAU, who don't mind taking care of an eternal 12 year old.

Sakurane Rina
Sakurane used to be part of the Nanaoto group of joke banks, but has since developed into more of a serious character. Her name was spelled 桜音七音 (Sakurane Nanaoto) with Sakurane as her given name and Nanaoto as her family name. Her real name is 桜根りな (Sakurane Rina) with Sakurane as her family name and Rina as her given name. Despite that, she's still referred to as Sakurane.

As a teenager, Sakurane was a magical girl in training. She was only really interested in the flashy magic and the combat aspects, and never did much to refine her magical skills or consider how she was meant to help the community. She accidentally turned a random innocent man into a sword once, but instead of looking for help, she decided to keep him around and abuse him. She was convicted of magic crime, had the sclera of her eyes cursed due to the greater severity of her actions, and expelled from the magical girl training program. Despite that, she continued to buy magical girl transformation serum from witches on the black market, commissioned a custom wand online with a mechanism that would inject it, and continued to do whatever she wanted.

Dominic, the creator of Sakurane's wand, ended up moving to Japan and they somehow met up in person. They had a pretty turbulent relationship with each other for a while. When Dominic was arrested and cursed, most of Dom's friends assumed that Sakurane kidnapped him. She was actually trying to take care of him and help him recover while the blindness wore off. He wasn't particularly grateful for the support, but that probably had something to do with Sakurane aggressively trying to get him involved in the magic underworld while he was still coping with losing the legitimate magic community he loved.

Sakurane now works as a security guard for the Overclocked Wizards workshop. Ironically, after Dominic started dating Flint, the relationship between Sakurane and Dominic improved. They've developed more trust as Dominic gradually dipped his toes in the magic black market and Sakurane kept the secrets inside the workshop safely hidden.

Acorelu
Acorelu had a lot of trouble socializing with people growing up and was frequently bullied. Xe became more and more anxious to the point of withdrawing completely, becoming a hikikomori. Xe ended up developing a lot of proficiency in programming, and frequently contributes to open source projects, especially in the realm of magic software. Xe strongly believes that software should always be free and open source, so despite being highly skilled, xe absolutely refuses to lock anything behind paywall to create a source of income. Xe accepts donations, which usually aren't enough to live on, so Bex usually has to take care of xem.

Bexokaj
Bexokaj is a distant relative of Acorelu, something like second-cousin-once-removed or whatever. He's pretty mischievous and is frequently a nuisance. He has a hoverboard that allows him to skate pretty much anywhere in any direction and orientation, with one of his favorite tricks being to go straight up the side of a building just outside the reach of anyone yelling at him. He has a single soft spot for Aco, and would do anything for xem. He signed up to become a guardian angel, which involved having a chip embedded in the back of his neck and adhering to their strict regulations and training regime. After feeling suffocated by the system, realizing that he was nothing but fodder in a panicked attempt to address the guardian angel shortage, and finding out that there was hardly any chance for him to see Acorelu again, he decided to call it quits. He dug the chip out of his neck using a knife, managed to survive, and has been lying under the angel radar ever since. He works several part time jobs and frequently visits Aco with groceries.

Mutorcs(ne Nanaoto)
Mutorcs is also part of the Nanaoto group.. He's an anthro tanuki (you could call him a furloid, but I don't have any affiliation with the furry community). He's the mascot for the Nanaoto 24/7 Convenience Store.

Kokaine Nanaoto
Kokaine is another Nanaoto. They're a bit crazy and virtually never sleep.

I had so much fun reading this!!!