Where can I download/buy Vocaloid1?

HidekoHaruna

Momo's Minion
I've found download links for V1 voicebanks but I can't find the editor itself. I also tried looking for a way to buy it, to no avail. Does anyone know where can I download/buy the Vocaloid1 editor?

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
hi ! v1 isnt legally available anymore, unfortunately.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know, but is there any way to buy it from someone who bought it when it was available? Or to download a crack?
i personally dont knoww anyone who selling a copy, and honestly i wouldnt download a cracked version.
alsp please refrain from mentioning pirating on the forum (rules, sorry)

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Utaforum does not condone or facilitate in piracy. Please refrain from asking how to pirate any voice libraries or synthesizers. Vocaloid 1 is no longer manufactured and license keys are no longer available. Your best bet is to look for a used copy on Ebay, but there is no guarantee that it would even work on any computer running Windows beyond 7. Meiko and Kaito have V3 versions that are sold via Crypton and Big Fish Audio (purchase of a Crypton voice will get you Piapro studio, eliminating the need to buy Vocaloid as a separate purchase). The closest equivalent we have to Leon & Lola are Chris and Amy for Vocaloid 5. There is no true equivalent for Miriam at this time, but the closest ones in voice type may be Avanna for V3 or Daina for V4.

Last edited:

PSX

Teto's Territory
I believe Crypton still sells Kaito and Meiko V1, but the English banks are no longer avaliable

Reactions: Kazumimi

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I believe Crypton still sells Kaito and Meiko V1, but the English banks are no longer avaliable

There are no longer Vocaloid 1 libraries being sold in any capacity by any studio - not Meiko V1, Kaito V1, Lola, Leon, or Miriam - edit: Kaito and Meiko have physical boxes available, but between taxes, import fees or use of a proxy service... their digital V3's may be a more cost effective solution. There's still the question of compatibility issues for the engine itself beyond XP.

@HidekoHaruna currently has the following option:
  • Buy Vocaloid 5 Standard (which will get them Chris and Amy - Leon/Lola equivalents) + buy Meiko V3 + buy Kaito V3 + buy Daina or Avanna (Miriam equivalent)
OR...
  • Buy Meiko V3 and/or Kaito V3 which will include Piapro Studio + buy Daina or Avanna for a Miriam equivalent. There's no equivalent to Leon and Lola's voice types among the V3 and V4 libraries - that I'm aware of.

Last edited:

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Seems like Kaito V1 and Meiko V1 are still available (only physical box it seems) but Leon, Lola and Miriam are all discontinued long time ago.

Kaito V1: https://ec.crypton.co.jp/product/detail/27720

Meiko V1: https://ec.crypton.co.jp/product/detail/25220

I have no idea if they ship overseas or not. You might need a proxy service to get them.

I think that getting their V3 will be much affordable solution as you can buy them digitally and not deal with shipping taxes etc (Plus because of Pandemia, I think that proxy services either don’t work rn or are asking ridiculous high prices)

EDIT: Seems like that Meiko V1 (I couldn’t find Kaito V1 for some reasons...) as new can be bought from Amazon as Japan import but it costs ca. $300 combining both shipping and product.

Yeah, not from cheapest end as they are “retro” and rare nowadays

Last edited:

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah I think the best way is for the copyright on them to expire on them circa ~maybe like 200 years from now then you should be able to get them for free with no consequenses