Where do you download UTAU to make your UTAU

RibbonDove

Teto's Territory
It's just I wanna convert certain sounds into a nice sounding UTAU or use my friend's, since I believe she'd love to make a UTAU. But how do you use UTAU? I'd love to cover so many vocaloid songs and even imagined one about Aishite Aishite Aishite being sung by a custom one I made in a dream.

;w; I wanna join you guys...

:love:

Reactions: Arissa

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
It's just I wanna convert certain sounds into a nice sounding UTAU or use my friend's, since I believe she'd love to make a UTAU. But how do you use UTAU? I'd love to cover so many vocaloid songs and even imagined one about Aishite Aishite Aishite being sung by a custom one I made in a dream.

;w; I wanna join you guys...

:love:
I'm going to guess you're trying to do both >=< You go to Utau's official website to, you know, download it, there is an English version in case that you do not speak Japanese. You may goto the Utau wiki site and they will direct you to official site for Utau, where you should download the latest version of the program(2013)

Do this AFTER you change your locale to Japanese, otherwise things will not work.

Also I recommend starting with Japanese, CV, get down the basics, and Utau life will be immensely easier. (Confused by what you meant certain sounds, I recommend you record a full CV or else your Utau will be limited/incomplete) You can look up tutorials on this site for Utau or go on YouTube for tutorials, I recommend checking out the user Yuunarii as she gives helpful and detailed descriptions and tells you where everything is at

RibbonDove

Teto's Territory
I'm going to guess you're trying to do both >=< You go to Utau's official website to, you know, download it, there is an English version in case that you do not speak Japanese. You may goto the Utau wiki site and they will direct you to official site for Utau, where you should download the latest version of the program(2013)

Do this AFTER you change your locale to Japanese, otherwise things will not work.

Also I recommend starting with Japanese, CV, get down the basics, and Utau life will be immensely easier. (Confused by what you meant certain sounds, I recommend you record a full CV or else your Utau will be limited/incomplete) You can look up tutorials on this site for Utau or go on YouTube for tutorials, I recommend checking out the user Yuunarii as she gives helpful and detailed descriptions and tells you where everything is at
any links?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Searching utau gives the old wikia link as the first result and that information is outdated (assuming everyone defaults to google).

Disclaimer: I'm assuming you're on a machine running Windows (7-10).

To download UTAU, you go to this site and pick 4.18e (the program will be in English for the most essential functions).
http://utau2008.xrea.jp/

Before you install the program, you need to change your locale so it'll work properly. To do this:

- Open control panel
- click on Clock, Language, and Region (or just Region in icon view).
- in Region, under Additional settings, Decimal symbol should be a period
- while still in Region, go to the third tab and under Language for non-Unicode programs, change system locale to Japanese.
- confirm your selection and restart your machine.
- proceed to install UTAU.
- if the location it installed in was Program Files/Program Files (x86), you'll need to change read-write permissions for your user account in order to save any changes to voice library configuration (if you don't use setparam to oto instead).

Reactions: Nohkara

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In that case, you can find the English translation of UTAU-Synth (UTAU for Mac) here: http://utaforum.net/threads/utau-synth-english-translation-project.1432/ (Official UTAU-Synth doesn't come in English)

Grab the license key here: http://utau-synth.com/download.html# - you renew the license key every 30 days. If it doesn't work, then you have to wait til a working key becomes available. I don't have a mac, so I can't walk you through any other steps in regards to operation, etc. If the key doesn't work, then there's always the option of using the Windows version through WINE. You can ask @Kiyoteru if you have any questions in regards to using the Windows version in a Mac environment.

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello!

After installing UTAU, you might want to practice using UTAU and get used to its functions by practicing using other people's UTAU and USTs (UST is kinda like MIDI file but with "lyrics" on each note like か or "ka" and settings for vibratos, flags and "pitch bends"). You can practice with Vipperloids (all Vippers what I know has CV and VCV voicebank) or any other UTAU that you can find in Showcase. I hugely recommend to practice using exiting UTAUs before making your own!!!

And if want to make own UTAU, I recommended to start from making simple CV first! To record VB, you'll need reclist(=recording list), don't record randomly random sounds from Wikipedia, use resources! To record VB, you'll need Audacity or OREMO, both are free and for Mac and Windows. I recommend to use Oremo as that program is especially made for UTAU VB recording, it's faster to record in Oremo than in Audacity a VB. I suggest to use Audacity only if you really cannot use anything else (on Audacity, remember to save all recoded sample as .wav 16bit and 44100Hz. If wrong bit, it will not work on UTAU).

I hugely recommend to create a sample CV voicebank as you really first UTAU voice library. Yes, CV might not be as "human-like" sounding and it's more choppy than VCV or CVVC but trust me, CV is not that bad if you can actually record, use and configure sound settings (oto) correctly. CV teaches a lot how each setting of oto (blank, overlap, preuttr etc) actually works and it's the most simplest VB method to record and create out there. I recommend to NOT skip learning CV!!!

Also, it seems that you're Mac user. If you have any plans to release your VB for anyone's to use, then I recommend to check this tutorial how to make Mac configured UTAU VB working in Windows: http://utaforum.net/resources/how-to-make-mac-utau-voicebank-compatible-for-windows-users.314/

I hope that you find my post helpful. If any questions, fell free to ask again or send me personal message (or "start conversation" on this forum).
[doublepost=1503046968][/doublepost]EDIT: Sorry, I did misread this post question... ><;;; Please, fell free to ignore my previous post why I cannot read English lately, welp

Reactions: Kiyoteru