Where do you record ?

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I record in my basment.
Make sure there i no BG noise, and remove any noise from your samples(if there is some noise present).

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
i record at my computer desk because i dont have a laptop...

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I record in my bedroom with the doors and windows closed, and the fan/aircon turned off. My family is usually in other parts of the apartment, since the room is at the end of a hallway.

Here's what the setup looks like.
COrBcbKUwAAkR1M.jpg:large

Reactions: HIRATELIER and Milk

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I record in my closet these days. I've padded the walls by hanging coats down the walls and putting a blanket over the door; it's a tight fit, but hey, it's pretty noiseproof and there's like no reverb!

You want to minimize background noise and reflective feedback (reverb) when recording. Smaller rooms are generally better and soft walls absorb sound better than hard ones; a quick (if somewhat uncomfortable) solution is to record under a blanket. Background noise is just things like your computer fan, AC units, refridgerators, and so on---avoid having those on or present in the room where you record, if possible.

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
At my apartment, I used to record in my teeny closet. Now that I'm at college, I tend to record in my dorm room or in the music practice rooms in the arts building.

Skiyoshi 十三

Lotus#12915
Defender of Defoko
In my room. I don't really have a place to record with a decent amount of silence. Seems like the air conditioner is always on, or the bugs of the night are always doing their buzzing.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Before the incident, I always recorded in my room... It did happen twice for the giggles to record on my laptop in the living room (with noise from fan it was horrible) and now, I am half-room half-dinner room

But again, I am sure no one's around because I'm shy as heck and to get decent results